Play Book Tag discussion

The Answer Is…: Reflections on My Life
This topic is about The Answer Is…
October 2020: Other Books > (Poll Ballot Tally) The Answer Is...: Reflections on My Life by Alex Trebek - 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

annapi | 5117 comments I thoroughly enjoyed this book. In the preface Trebek says he did not want to write a traditional autobiography but just touch on the highlights of his life, and that is what he did. It does begin with his parents and his birth, but although it is at least fairly chronological, it just jumps from one subject to the next, and some chapters are very short, just one or two pages long. The language is simple, just a laying down of the facts with some reminiscing and opining, sometimes amusing, sometimes getting philosophical, but there's no attempt to be profound. This makes it very easy to read, and I went through this in one sitting. Lots of pictures too, which was nice. My takeaway from this was that Trebek is just what he seems to be on TV - a good man, a very nice man, happy and content with his life, and the world will miss him when he is gone.

message 2: by Joi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joi (missjoious) | 3830 comments I'm a BIGTIME Jeopardy! fan, and have this on my TBR. It's been crazy to see his health struggles the past couple years, actually read a great article on how Jeopardy came back during quarantine.
https://www.theringer.com/tv/2020/9/1...