What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Kids, German book about an orphan girl.

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Malika (new)

Malika | 2 comments I'm looking for this german book I read a while ago. I found it in my school's library and here's how I remember it:
An orphan girl is jealous of the other kids for getting foster parents, every Monday kids would come back excitedly talking about their amazing foster parents, showing off their presents and pictures. She always has to spend her weekends alone with a younger boy whos nose is always covered in snot. One weekend someone decides to be her foster parent and the girl awaits excitedly. The lady whos supposed to pick her up that weekend is hours late, and the girl gives up hope.
The lady eventually comes and gets the girl but they can only spend a bit of time together. Now every weekend at a specific time, the lady comes and picks up the girl and they have a wonderful time together. The girl learns that the lady has a boyfriend and she gets jealous. She eventually learns that there's no reason to hate people. At the end of the book, the lady adopts the girl and the little snotty boy and they live happily ever after

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35737 comments Mod
Malika, around what year did you read this book? A range of years is fine.

What's the genre (which we need to add to the header at the top of the page) - e.g., teen (= YA) coming-of-age, for kids, realistic fiction?

What is the story's time period and location/country?

message 3: by Becca (new)

Becca (beccalikesbooks) | 2969 comments This sounds a bit like The Story of Tracy Beaker by Jacqueline Wilson, except it's a British book, not a German one. The little boy sounds like Peter, although he doesn't end up fostered by the same woman (Cam) who fosters Tracy.

message 4: by Malika (new)

Malika | 2 comments Kris wrote: "Malika, around what year did you read this book? A range of years is fine.

What's the genre (which we need to add to the header at the top of the page) - e.g., teen (= YA) coming-of-age, for kids,..."

it was a kids book and i read it around 2016 to 2018

message 5: by Ew (new)

Ew | 1 comments Gudrun Mebs, Sunday's Child, Sonntagskind

message 6: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 20221 comments The Story of Tracy Beaker and Sunday's Child for the above suggestions.