A Bookish Adventure... discussion

Series Book Discussions > Harry Potter

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Maddie (Inking & Thinking) Here is where you can talk about the Harry Potter Series.

message 2: by Amelie (new)

Amelie | 1318 comments This is one of my favourite series of all time! Though I don’t agree with what the author is doing, I still admire her books, and it’s a series that I’d highly recommend reading!

message 3: by Joyce (last edited Oct 02, 2020 08:40PM) (new)

Joyce | 2030 comments Amelie wrote: "This is one of my favourite series of all time! Though I don’t agree with what the author is doing, I still admire her books, and it’s a series that I’d highly recommend reading!"

I agree!! I do love this series! it holds a special place in my heart :) but I don't agree with the author.
I was pretty late in reading this :P I would have loved to grow up with this series.

message 4: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (jennyh95) | 2 comments Hello!

New to this group, HP is one of my favourite series of all time! It has been something I have adored ever since I was young. Very easy to reread over and over and gives me major xmas vibes 🥰

message 5: by Joyce (new)

Joyce | 2030 comments Jenny wrote: "Hello!

New to this group, HP is one of my favourite series of all time! It has been something I have adored ever since I was young. Very easy to reread over and over and gives me major xmas vibes 🥰"

Hi Jenny!! Glad to have you here <3
and I agree Harry Potter is amazing! May I ask who's your favourite character?

message 6: by Joyce (new)

Joyce | 2030 comments This goes for anyone!! Feel free to comment your favourite Harry Potter character :)

message 7: by Amelie (new)

Amelie | 1318 comments My favourite character is Luna. I just love her eccentric personality and her kind and witty nature, and I wished she’d gotten some more attention in the books. But I also really like Professor McGonagall, Dobby, Tonks and Lupin!

message 8: by Amelie (new)

Amelie | 1318 comments The books are written really well, and I’m hoping to reread them again maybe next year or sometime later, since I’ve forgotten a lot of details from the story. Though I loved the first seven books, I disliked Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, the story itself seemed unoriginal and not very interesting, and some of the events like Voldemort having a child with Bellatrix, and Cedric becoming a Death Eater seemed so implausible. I don’t think it was even written by J.K.Rowling.

message 9: by Ashi (new)

Ashi | 191 comments @Amelie I love Luna too! I totally agree that she deserved more attention. Yes Harry Potter and the Cursed Child was nowhere near as amazing as the original series, and seemed unnecessary. It was written by JK Rowling along with two other people.

message 10: by Amelie (new)

Amelie | 1318 comments Yes, Luna is amazing, I even have a t-shirt with one of her quotes on it! And yeah, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child did seem quite unnecessary, and even reading about the trio as adults seemed weird, I was used to having them as teens in the story going on adventures. I didn’t like how Harry wasn’t really written as a good parent either.

message 11: by Amelie (new)

Amelie | 1318 comments Has anyone watched the Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them series? I really enjoyed the movies, and I liked how we got to see more magical creatures. I’m looking forward to watching the next film, whenever it comes out!

message 12: by Joyce (new)

Joyce | 2030 comments Amelie wrote: "My favourite character is Luna. I just love her eccentric personality and her kind and witty nature, and I wished she’d gotten some more attention in the books. But I also really like Professor McG..."

yesss Luna was for sure an underrated character in my opinion! She was probably one of the most unique one in the books! It's why I loved her as well

message 13: by Joyce (new)

Joyce | 2030 comments for me my fave characters are Fred and George, Dobby, Oliver, Cedric, McGonagall....(for sure I have more but these are the ones that first popped in my head)

message 14: by Joyce (new)

Joyce | 2030 comments Amelie wrote: "Has anyone watched the Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them series? I really enjoyed the movies, and I liked how we got to see more magical creatures. I’m looking forward to watching the next fi..."

I have!!!! I watched the movies sooo many times and I've read the screenplay as well. Soo magical! and you're right, the creatures make it that much better.

message 15: by Sofia (new)

Sofia (sofloaf) | 212 comments I think it's slightly overhyped, but it's nostalgic and made up most of my childhood. I wouldn't like it now, but I loved it then.

☀︎El In Oz☀︎ (elinoz) Oh I love this series! Truly the best MG series ever<3

message 17: by Shawna (new)

Shawna Finnigan (sugoishawn) | 552 comments I hate the author, but this is my favorite series of all time

maggie ⋆。˚☽˚ (maggieteh) | 11 comments It’s definitely my favourite series, I’ve re read it 5 times now, although I hate the author. The cursed child is a terrible book though

message 19: by Joyce (new)

Joyce | 2030 comments Shawna wrote: "I hate the author, but this is my favorite series of all time"

I fully agree with this statement!

message 20: by Random Pineapple (new)

Random Pineapple (certifiedkilljoy) I understand why people love hp, but I hate it.

This has nothing to do with the author. That’s just an added downside for me.

I don’t like the writing and Harry himself annoys me to no end.

message 21: by Isa (new)

Isa (isamrqz) | 10 comments i hate certain things about hp
1- no latinx representation
2- racial stereotypes
3- THE ANTISEMITISM
4- the part where they mention where a lot of people are related like.. what..?

Maggie the Muskoka Library Mouse (mcurry1990) I really liked this series when I read it the first time. I haven't revisited it in a long while, so maybe I should. My favourite book was "The Goblet of Fire." Least favourite was "Order of the Phoenix."