Doctor Who Book Club - Traveling the Vortex discussion

Book Discussions > Chimes of Midnight

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Holly (new)

Holly | 216 comments Mod
Post your thoughts and comments here about Chimes of Midnight

message 2: by Glenn (new)

Glenn | 61 comments Oh, it's been soooo long since I listened to it. I wish I could remember more about it, but I do remember liking it. I'll have to load it back on my phone and give it a re-listen before the month is up.

message 3: by Holly (new)

Holly | 216 comments Mod
It still holds up. Listened to it earlier last month and it still kept my attention with all the twists and turns

message 4: by Chrissy (new)

Chrissy (ladynovella) | 64 comments Mod
I’ve gotten to where I listen to this every year around Christmas, but I’m happy to listen to it in October too 😁

What I love the most about Chimes of Midnight is that it’s a great stand-alone story, but it also feeds into Charley’s overarching story as well. And it does so in a way that you’re not lost, even if you’ve just plucked this one out randomly to listen to without having heard the rest of Charley’s audios. The mystery is interesting and leaves just enough clues to keep you guessing until the end. The pacing is great and the writing is great.

One of my absolute favorites!

message 5: by Jamieson (new)

Jamieson | 12 comments One of the best of the early Big Finish. Paul McGann shines and India Fisher does well as Charley. Rob Shearman really knocks it out of the park in this Christmas classic.