YA Addicted Book Club discussion

Archive > Brittany's October to December Quarterly Challenge

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brittany (last edited Jan 02, 2021 09:16AM) (new)

Brittany | 4678 comments Mod
Challenge duration: October 1st - December 31st

27/24

Spell out the word: You can pick one or all the words, but the book titles MUST start with each letter of the word. (It's up to you whether you count 'The' as the first word in the title).

S Strange Planet
POOKY

PU
M Mistress of the Ritz
P The Promised Neverland, Vol. 1
K Komi Can’t Communicate, Vol. 1
IN

WIN
TThere's Someone Inside Your House
ER

SStrange Planet
NOWFL
AThe Anatomist's Wife
KE

October:

-Techie Day: Read a book with a tech savvy character/a book where technology plays a major role. Insurgent (Divergent, #2) by Veronica Roth I'm counting the simulation serum as tech
-Sarcastic Month: Read a book with a sarcastic/funny character. Bewitched & Betrayed (Raine Benares, #4) by Lisa Shearin
-Halloween: Read a horror/mystery/thriller. Bones by Howard Odentz
-Halloween: Read a book with a spooky cover The Girl from the Other Side Siúil, A Rún, Volume 1 (The Girl from the Other Side, #1) by Nagabe

November:

-Dia de los Muertos: Read a book about death/ghosts/spirits. Bonus points if the author/MC is Hispanic. The Girl from the Well (The Girl from the Well, #1) by Rin Chupeco
-National Author's Day: Read a book by a favorite author. The Alchemist and an Amaretto (The Guild Codex Spellbound, #5) by Annette Marie
-King Tut Day: Read a book that takes place in Egypt/has Egyptian mythology. The Chaos of Stars by Kiersten White
-Book Lover's Day: Read a book from your favorite genre. The Lost Hero (The Heroes of Olympus, #1) by Rick Riordan Fantasy!

December:

-Winter Solstice: Read a book set during winter/a cold setting. Spin the Dawn (The Blood of Stars, #1) by Elizabeth Lim Part of it is set in the freezing cold so I'm going to count it
-Holidays: Read a book that was gifted to you. (And if you gifted it to yourself, that's fine too). A Curse So Dark and Lonely (Cursebreakers, #1) by Brigid Kemmerer
-Winter Solstice: Read a book with a wintery cover/title. Christmas Magic (Christmas Magic #1) by Alexandra Moody
-New Years Eve/End of the Year: Read the last book in a series. The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3) by Holly Black

Books read: Komi Can’t Communicate, Vol. 1 by Tomohito Oda Mistress of the Ritz by Melanie Benjamin The Girl from the Other Side Siúil, A Rún, Volume 1 (The Girl from the Other Side, #1) by Nagabe Bewitched & Betrayed (Raine Benares, #4) by Lisa Shearin The Promised Neverland, Vol. 1 by Kaiu Shirai The Alchemist and an Amaretto (The Guild Codex Spellbound, #5) by Annette Marie Heathen, Vol. 2 by Natasha Alterici A Curse So Dark and Lonely (Cursebreakers, #1) by Brigid Kemmerer The Girl from the Well (The Girl from the Well, #1) by Rin Chupeco Bones by Howard Odentz The Lost Hero (The Heroes of Olympus, #1) by Rick Riordan Spin the Dawn (The Blood of Stars, #1) by Elizabeth Lim The Anatomist's Wife (Lady Darby Mystery, #1) by Anna Lee Huber The Chaos of Stars by Kiersten White Strange Planet (Strange Planet #1) by Nathan W. Pyle The German Midwife by Mandy Robotham Insurgent (Divergent, #2) by Veronica Roth There's Someone Inside Your House by Stephanie Perkins Mortal Arts (Lady Darby Mystery, #2) by Anna Lee Huber The Signal-Man by Charles Dickens The Son of Neptune (The Heroes of Olympus, #2) by Rick Riordan Christmas Magic (Christmas Magic #1) by Alexandra Moody Ash Princess (Ash Princess Trilogy, #1) by Laura Sebastian The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3) by Holly Black Dear Santa by Kristen Granata Beneath the Sugar Sky (Wayward Children, #3) by Seanan McGuire Vision in Silver (The Others, #3) by Anne Bishop

message 2: by Brittany (last edited Oct 12, 2020 01:34AM) (new)

Read Komi Can’t Communicate, Vol. 1 by Tomohito Oda Mistress of the Ritz by Melanie Benjamin The Girl from the Other Side Siúil, A Rún, Volume 1 by Nagabe Bewitched & Betrayed (Raine Benares, #4) by Lisa Shearin The Promised Neverland, Vol. 1 by Kaiu Shirai
5/24 and everything fits somewhere, either for a task or a word

message 3: by Elena (new)

Elena Granger | 1152 comments Great start!

message 4: by Brittany (new)

The Alchemist and an Amaretto (The Guild Codex Spellbound, #5) by Annette Marie Heathen Volume 2 (Heathen, #2) by Natasha Alterici A Curse So Dark and Lonely (Cursebreakers, #1) by Brigid Kemmerer The Girl from the Well (The Girl from the Well, #1) by Rin Chupeco Bones by Howard Odentz

10/24

message 5: by Elena (new)

Elena Granger | 1152 comments How did you like The Curse?

message 6: by Brittany (new)

I really liked it, I posted a more in depth answer to that on my page but only click the spoiler if you have read the book

message 7: by Elena (new)

Elena Granger | 1152 comments I haven't and I'm planning on reading it :) So I won't click the spoiler :D Thank you for the review, pretty helpful!

message 8: by Brittany (new)

When you read it let me know! It is so worth the read. Glad you thought it was helpful :)

message 9: by Elena (new)

Elena Granger | 1152 comments If only we had 48 hours in a day... :DDD I'll let you know when I start :D

message 10: by Brittany (new)

Agreed! I need more hours in a day

message 11: by Brittany (new)

Finished The Lost Hero (The Heroes of Olympus, #1) by Rick Riordan Spin the Dawn (The Blood of Stars, #1) by Elizabeth Lim The Anatomist's Wife (Lady Darby Mystery, #1) by Anna Lee Huber

Putting me at 13/24 and all of these fit somewhere sort of

message 12: by Brittany (new)

The Chaos of Stars by Kiersten White

14/24 and it fits the egyptian myth prompt

message 13: by Brittany (new)

Strange Planet by Nathan W. Pyle The German Midwife by Mandy Robotham Insurgent (Divergent, #2) by Veronica Roth

17/24
Only missing prompts for Winter Solstice and New years. Well and hopefully enough to finish spelling a word too.

message 14: by Elena (new)

Elena Granger | 1152 comments Wow! You're doing amazing!

message 15: by Brittany (new)

Thanks! Its been a good listening month with all the house stuff so that has helped a lot.

message 16: by Brittany (new)

Ended with 27/24 and all the prompts!!! Just didnt get a word spelled out

message 17: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (last edited Jan 02, 2021 11:11AM) (new)

Liliana (lililostinabook) | 2222 comments Mod
Ooh nice job Brittany! The words should be easier to accomplish this year!