What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Adult/YA? Fantasy. A young girl apprenticed to a witch. There are two, maybe 3 books, and their titles are all one word names of the characters. The witch and girl weave on a loom, and grow herbs. I think it's a medieval setting.

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ariana (new)

Ariana Peters | 4 comments The witch may or may not turn into an owl. They're thick books, but not dictionary thick. At one point another character uses a wax curse doll, while I think the girl was hiding under the bed. The books are either for adults, or young adults. I don't remember there being any romance, of there was, it wasn't a key plot point. The feeling of the story was sweet, but with dark elements. The focus on the growing bond between the girl and the witch. I think the witches name was something akin to Genevieve, but wasn't Genevieve. I read this book definitely before 2010.

Thank you for any help you can offer 😊

message 2: by Ariana (new)

Ariana Peters | 4 comments One of the covers was of the witch. it was a very simple illustrated cover, semi-realistic, I think.

message 3: by Ariana (new)

Ariana Peters | 4 comments The main book was about the girl, and the prequel, written after, was about the witch.

message 5: by Ariana (new)

Ariana Peters | 4 comments I think that is the one, but I haven't been able to find a preview to check.

message 6: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2502 comments Mod
Juniper is the companion book to Wise Child. It was the first thing I thought of, too. Juniper by Monica Furlong