Beyond Reality discussion

The Way of Kings (The Stormlight Archive, #1)
This topic is about The Way of Kings
Previous BotM--DISCUSSIONS > The Way of Kings (10/20): Roll call and first impressions (no spoilers!)

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shel, Moderator (new)

Shel (shel99) | 2257 comments Mod
Post here if you are reading or planning on reading The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson. No spoilers here please!

Gabi :) I wanted to choose this opportunity to re-read it as preparation for the release of book 4 and again I couldn't put it down and have already finished ^^'.

REMEMBER UKRAINE NOW ReadingReindeer (readingreindeerproximacentauri) | 13 comments I've actually never read any Brandon Sanderson I don't think, so I'll give it a go.:)

message 5: by Kathi, Moderator & Book Lover (new) - added it

Kathi | 3233 comments Mod
I am undecided whether to read it or not. I hate starting an unfinished series. I have liked the books by Sanderson that I have read—the first 3 Mistborn books. If I do, it won’t be till later this month.

message 6: by Random (new)

Random (rand0m1s) | 836 comments Reading Reindeer wrote: "I've actually never read any Brandon Sanderson I don't think, so I'll give it a go.:)"

He's well worth it to give a try. I've enjoyed pretty much everything of his I have read.

That said, I'm like Kathi. I've been buying the books, but its supposed to be a large 10 book series, and I'd like to wait to start this until we're closer to the end.

On the plus side, he's very prolific so there won't be any of those huge delays that seem so common anymore.

My favorite has to be the short story Shadows for Silence in the Forests of Hell.

message 7: by Rafael (last edited Oct 04, 2020 09:32AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rafael (laepo) | 27 comments Random wrote: "My favorite has to be the short story Shadows for Silence in the Forests of Hell."

I really liked that one as well. I'd recommend The Emperor's Soul. It's my favourite Sanderson release until now.