The Debating Club! discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Fun Debate topics > Should Trick or Treating be allowed, or should it be canceled from Corona?

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

daughterofathenacarli | 76 comments Debate this here!

message 2: by amia (new)

amia (makevocaloidgreatagain) i feel like it will be cancelled because you’re handing people stuff and it’s way too crowded to be six feet apart but maybe some places will have special safety precautions

message 3: by Ayla (new)

Ayla (aylareadsbooks) Yeah, idk. This is a really hard decision. My idea - people stand from the second floor of their house (if they have one) and throw candy out the window to trick-or-treaters XD

message 4: by Lillyyy (new)

Lillyyy I was thinking, you know how some people are gone trick or treating or something, and they leave a bowl of candy out? People could leave one in front of their house of something and people could just do that

message 5: by Ayla (new)

Ayla (aylareadsbooks) I thought about that, but then people would get their hands all over the candy, wouldn't they? Like everyone would be touching it and then their mouths and stuff

message 6: by Lillyyy (new)

Lillyyy Yeah I posted that and then I thought about that. You know what would be cool though was if people like separated the candy and had like a couple of pieces in a bag laid out so the bags weren't touching eachother

message 7: by Ayla (new)

Ayla (aylareadsbooks) That's a good idea! But think of how many bags, lol. This is super complicated...

message 8: by Lillyyy (new)

Lillyyy Also I think most people are too lazy to do that

message 9: by Lizzie (new)

Lizzie Stone | 146 comments That would be cool but then some neighborhoods don't have that many kids. I know some houses in mine don't have kids at all and I'm the youngest. Also, lots of kids go trick-or-treating with their friends, I know I've finally started doing it with friends. It's just complicated but I feel like it's up to the state to decide. They have their work cut out for them!

message 10: by Lillyyy (new)

Lillyyy I live in a neighborhood that doesn't have that many kids, so I don't think that anybody is going to really do anything here. And then who knows if kids are going to think that they're too cool to trick or treat next year? :/

message 11: by Lуηη (new)

Lуηη you could always leave out a bowl of candy for the kids, but the kids should use common sense and stay 6 ft apart at least

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Em J. wrote: "If you lived in a small neighbor, wouldn't it be cool to like put a couple little baggies of candy in mailboxes??"

omg my neighborhood does that! and it's really great.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

what I'm doing for halloween is just having my own little Halloween party with the people I'm quarantining with. there are a lot of ways to have fun during Halloween and IMO trick or treating doesn't have to be one of them. (Althought it's super fun, and I'm really going to miss it)

message 14: by Ayla (new)

Ayla (aylareadsbooks) Yes, same! I'm having a small Halloween party, but since I'm not currently quarantining with anybody (we're going to soon,) it's going to be outdoors. I'm going to miss trick-or-treating, but this is safer and for the better.
One thing that I thought was super cool - one of my friends is giving out candy, but they're super careful about COVID. So they're attaching a tube to their railing and sliding the candy down the tube, and people will put their halloween baskets/bags at the end of it to catch the candy. Idk I thought that was genius though XD

message 15: by Ayla (new)

Ayla (aylareadsbooks) I know right? Everyone should do that!!

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

I've actually heard of that~one of my friends is going to do it dbabahhaha

message 17: by Ayla (new)

Ayla (aylareadsbooks) Oh, cool!

message 18: by Charlene (new)

Charlene  Turner: KINGDOM KEEPER I feel if there are goodie bags for each person (with sealed candy) then the kids open the bags and the person drops it in, hands free, and only one person touches it. (the person should be wearing gloves though and a mask.
If the kids wear a mask to go with their costume, it will give others still the satisfaction of trick or treating but also the safe mind set that they are protecting themselves.

ヽ(◉ᗜ◉)ノ ♥ Sushi Roll ♥ | 184 comments Mod
If students are being sent to school during this time, then why shouldn't trick or treating be allowed? I mean, everyone can social distance, follow certain rules, and be back at home at a specific time. If the parents say yes, then it's ok...

message 20: by Lizzie (new)

Lizzie Stone | 146 comments I go to school-in-person but that's true, some states haven't gone back. It should mostly be up to the parents imo.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.