What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

School for Skylarks
This topic is about School for Skylarks
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA Fiction/Fantasy. Girl is sent to stay with her eccentric aunt, who has a bird and a butler. [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Izane (new)

Izane Wood-Trenchard | 4 comments Please help me. I read the first few chapters of this book, it carries a possible fantasy connection. A father send his daughter to live with her eccentric aunt, who has a bird, and a helpful butler. There are letters or notes involved.
Her father writes to her but she is cross with him for sending her away, she possiblt blames her step mother.
It may have been set during the war, just the way it was written gave that impression. I think both the girl and the aunt have unusual names.

message 2: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19571 comments When did you read it?

How old is the girl, a teenager or a younger child?

message 3: by Izane (new)

Izane Wood-Trenchard | 4 comments I think she is slightly younger. Not a toddler but not a teenager. Hope this helps. Sorry.

message 4: by Izane (new)

Izane Wood-Trenchard | 4 comments I read it 2years ago. But only the first chapter.

message 5: by Becca (last edited Oct 02, 2020 05:27AM) (new)

Becca (beccalikesbooks) | 2800 comments School for Skylarks by Sam Angus? Lyla is evacuated from London during WW2 to stay with her eccentric great-aunt. You can read the first couple of chapters as a preview on Google Books, and Great-Aunt Ada does have a butler and a canary.

message 6: by Izane (new)

Izane Wood-Trenchard | 4 comments Becca you are an utter legend!!! That's it!!!! Thank you so much!!!!!!

message 7: by Becca (new)

Becca (beccalikesbooks) | 2800 comments Izane wrote: "Becca you are an utter legend!!! That's it!!!! Thank you so much!!!!!!"

Glad I could help!