The Empowerment Group! discussion

Empowerment > Talking about what's going on.

Comments Showing 1-50 of 2,031 (2031 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 40 41

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Here is where you can tell everyone what makes you upset or anything about why you need to be empowered.

ѕнєяℓσ¢к {ιf ι ωαѕ α вℓυєвιя∂, ι ωσυℓ∂ fℓу тσ уσυ} (mushroomlad) Everyone is here to help. Just make sure you're feeling okay, too! It's not your job to manage other people's mental health, but checking in with others is good! However, don't get too focused on others that you forget about yourself!

message 3: by amia (new)

amia (makevocaloidgreatagain) hearing about people be sad makes me sad. i’m listening to my sad playlist right now because i feel extremely sorry for everyone

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

lemon-chan wrote: "hearing about people be sad makes me sad. i’m listening to my sad playlist right now because i feel extremely sorry for everyone"

same.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

My mom and brother bully me for being fat, because I am. I am 14 years old and weigh 195 pounds. I am obese. My mom abused me for 7 years. Everytime CPS (child protective services) were involved, she'd lie. I'm still living with her. She's the reason for me being suicidal. She yells at me everyday. She continuously tells me how much she wishes she could punch me in the face. Ever since I met my friend, Hayden and my boyfriend, Miles, I wasn't suicidal until something happened. This kid and I were arguing. He said I was messing with an autistic kid. He told me to go kill myself. I nearly did until I talked to Hayden and Miles. They made me feel better. The only reasons I'm still alive to this day are Miles and Hayden.

ѕнєяℓσ¢к {ιf ι ωαѕ α вℓυєвιя∂, ι ωσυℓ∂ fℓу тσ уσυ} (mushroomlad) Hey, my friend’s got a mom kinda like that. I can’t say I understand what you’re going through because I’m from an accepting and loving household. I’m sorry this is what you’re going through and I’ll help you any way I can 🥰

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks, Nora. What makes it worse is that I just wanna kill myself. I know that I am always "happy". But, in reality, I'm not. I am just like any other person going through a hard life. My ex-guy best friend told me he didn't care if I killed myself. I felt so freaking hurt. It hurts me to know that there is at least 1 person in the world who actually wants me dead.

ѕнєяℓσ¢к {ιf ι ωαѕ α вℓυєвιя∂, ι ωσυℓ∂ fℓу тσ уσυ} (mushroomlad) I know for a fact there’s at least one person in the world who wants me dead. But I’ve learned not to focus on them. Their opinion doesn’t matter anymore if you don’t let it. Try focusing on yourself and being the best you that you can be. As long as you’re happy with yourself and are doing the best you can, that’s all that matters. It may seem like you can’t do anything right sometimes but taking care of yourself is the first step. 💖💖💖

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I try constantly. No matter what I do, my mom ends up yelling at me for the stupidest reasons. That is why I wanna go into the kitchen, grab the butcher knife, and stab myself. But, if I do, then Miles and Hayden would be affected and I can't have them harm themselves because of me.

ѕнєяℓσ¢к {ιf ι ωαѕ α вℓυєвιя∂, ι ωσυℓ∂ fℓу тσ уσυ} (mushroomlad) See? Someone will always be affected. Someone will always miss you. And knowing that can help you get through the hard things in life 🌻

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh, Paige, I’m so sorry. But it’s good that you don’t do that.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

If one or both of them kill themselves, I have no reason to live.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

I’m so sorry, I wish you had more people.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

☾BookishAbby☾ wrote: "I’m so sorry, I wish you had more people."

I mean, I do, it's just they don't understand and know how to help me like Hayden and Miles do. I am closer than Hayden and Miles than 75% of all my goodreads friends.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, I understand, I know a lot of people are here for you (like me)

message 18: by ~tea~ (new)

~tea~ (tina_does) Yes Paige we’re here for you!

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks guys!

ѕнєяℓσ¢к {ιf ι ωαѕ α вℓυєвιя∂, ι ωσυℓ∂ fℓу тσ уσυ} (mushroomlad) I'm crying right now :/

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

ησяα ||ι αм тнε σηε тнιηg ιη ℓιғε ι cαη cσηтяσℓ|| wrote: "I'm crying right now :/"

What's wrong?

ѕнєяℓσ¢к {ιf ι ωαѕ α вℓυєвιя∂, ι ωσυℓ∂ fℓу тσ уσυ} (mushroomlad) I fought with my sister and she's lying to my mom and my mom believes her. My mom always believes my sister because she doesn't see what happens when she's not home. My sister has been physically and verbally attacking me all morning. There's already a lump forming on the back of my head where she hit me and I expect my shoulder blades and arms are going to be pretty heavily bruised. And still, my mom doesn't believe me.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Nora, forget them. We're here for you. Don't let them get to you. We'll always believe you!

ѕнєяℓσ¢к {ιf ι ωαѕ α вℓυєвιя∂, ι ωσυℓ∂ fℓу тσ уσυ} (mushroomlad) My parents always say they don't know why I'm depressed and that I have such a good home life but they act like this too! I know it doesn't compare to what you're facing at home, Paige, but I feel like I just needed to tell someone. My parents don't want me telling anyone I know because my friends all know my parents and most go to the same school district that my sister and I do/my parents teach at. They don't want to be judged. So I figured I would tell someone because you guys don't know them.

ѕнєяℓσ¢к {ιf ι ωαѕ α вℓυєвιя∂, ι ωσυℓ∂ fℓу тσ уσυ} (mushroomlad) Ⓚⓔⓝ ll I am a Princess not because I have a Prince, but because my father is KING ll wrote: "Im so sorry you have to live like this but if it makes you feel better no one knows about my family and what happened."

Would you like to talk about it? I'm sorry if I'm burdening you with something so insignificant

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

ησяα ||ι αм тнε σηε тнιηg ιη ℓιғε ι cαη cσηтяσℓ|| wrote: "My parents always say they don't know why I'm depressed and that I have such a good home life but they act like this too! I know it doesn't compare to what you're facing at home, Paige, but I feel ..."

Well, they're blind. Nora I know how you feel. Not once has my MOTHER told me she loves me. I say it to her but she never responds.

ѕнєяℓσ¢к {ιf ι ωαѕ α вℓυєвιя∂, ι ωσυℓ∂ fℓу тσ уσυ} (mushroomlad) Paige wrote: "ησяα ||ι αм тнε σηε тнιηg ιη ℓιғε ι cαη cσηтяσℓ|| wrote: "My parents always say they don't know why I'm depressed and that I have such a good home life but they act like this too! I know it doesn't..."

You have it worse Paige. I can't even begin to imagine what your home life is like. I just needed to get this off my chest because I'm trying to do school but I'm scared of being left here with my sister.

message 29: by Mayflower (new)

Mayflower (legendfangirl) | 113 comments ησяα ||ι αм тнε σηε тнιηg ιη ℓιғε ι cαη cσηтяσℓ|| wrote: "Paige wrote: "ησяα ||ι αм тнε σηε тнιηg ιη ℓιғε ι cαη cσηтяσℓ|| wrote: "My parents always say they don't know why I'm depressed and that I have such a good home life but they act like this too! I k..."

Nora, i can't say that i understand, but no one should be afraid in their own home. we believe you. we hear you.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

I may have it bad, but there is no comparing. Here, all of our problems are equally bad. I understand. Nora, you are amazing!! Don't let anyone get to you the way you're letting them get to you!!

ѕнєяℓσ¢к {ιf ι ωαѕ α вℓυєвιя∂, ι ωσυℓ∂ fℓу тσ уσυ} (mushroomlad) Ugh I finally stopped crying about everything and then my mom came downstairs again and I'm scared she's gonna yell at me. ->-

message 32: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 01, 2020 07:40AM) (new)

Nora, just take a deep breath.

message 33: by River 💙 (new)

River 💙 I have a good home life so I can’t imagine any of you suffering so bad and it makes me feel so so lucky. Sure I have my depression but my parents are great and help so much. They don’t know exactly about the bullying I went through and I don’t want to tell them but I know y’all are amazing people and I can’t wait to get to know you better and that we’ll be able to help each other!❤️❤️

message 34: by River 💙 (new)

River 💙 I’ll be praying for all of you I’m so sorry you’re struggling with this and wish there was a better way I could help

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank you, River. I also feel the same for you!

message 36: by River 💙 (new)

River 💙 Thank you Paige

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Anytime :) ❤️

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

ησяα ||ι αм тнε σηε тнιηg ιη ℓιғε ι cαη cσηтяσℓ|| wrote: "My mom hid my phone smh"

Why?

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

My mom is making me wash the dishes. I came across the knife. The temptation is really there...

message 42: by Hayden (new)

Hayden (thewiltedpetal) Don't. I don't think you want me to hurt myself because you did.

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Hayden, I won't do it. I wanna so bad, but I promised you I wouldn't.

ѕнєяℓσ¢к {ιf ι ωαѕ α вℓυєвιя∂, ι ωσυℓ∂ fℓу тσ уσυ} (mushroomlad) Hey, I understand that. I really do. The scars on my arm is a reminder not to.

message 45: by River 💙 (new)

River 💙 Please don’t Paige I love you you’re amazing! Hayden thank you for helping her I haven’t know her very long but she’s so great.

message 46: by River 💙 (new)

River 💙 Also I have that desire when I’m in the kitchen putting dishes away some times too Paige

ѕнєяℓσ¢к {ιf ι ωαѕ α вℓυєвιя∂, ι ωσυℓ∂ fℓу тσ уσυ} (mushroomlad) Just remember that when you hurt yourself, you're hurting the people you love and who love you.

message 48: by River 💙 (new)

River 💙 Yeah I always think about that when I’m thinking of attempting it

message 49: by River 💙 (new)

River 💙 Sure it’s not regularly but when it’s there it’s strong

message 50: by Mayflower (new)

Mayflower (legendfangirl) | 113 comments page, ive only known you for 3 days, and i already know that i would feel bad if you hurt yourself. thats the effect you have on people. there are people who care about you and people who love you.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 40 41