Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > Karly’s September Reads

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karly (new)

Karly | 339 comments Hello! Realizing there’s not a lot of fiction on this list...

30,000 Years of Art - Phaidon (Editor). 4 stars. This is a 10 pound coffee table book thats been staring at me for a decade. Been working on reading it slowly but surely over several pandemic months. Feeling accomplished with this one!

The Honest Art Dictionary: A Jovial Trip Through Art Jargon - The Art History Babes. 5 stars. This is authored by a favorite podcast of mine. Very fun!

Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking - Susan Cain. 4 stars. A very validating read for an introvert like myself.

The Library Book - Susan Orlean. 4 stars. A pleasant investigation in the Los Angeles Library fire in the 80s, and on libraries in general.

Galaxy: Exploring the Milky Way - Stuart Clark. 3 Stars. Another coffee table book.

Troubled Blood - Robert Galbraith. 4 stars. Always enjoy a Corcoran Strike book.

Now to begin my annual Spooky Reads October. Happy reading all!

message 2: by Barbara K (new)

Barbara K | 414 comments Glad you liked Quiet. I really enjoyed it - validating is the perfect descriptor for it.

message 3: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14835 comments Karly: nice month! I'm always on the lookout for more podcasts so will try 'The Art History Babes'.
You'll need to sprinkle in some fiction in October, lol. I've been meaning to read The Library Book, good to know you liked it, and, Troubled Blood was so good, and fun to discuss!

message 4: by Karly (new)

Karly | 339 comments Thanks all!

Barbara- yes, definitely felt validated after reading. Very enjoyable.

Ann- more fiction is coming for October for sure! Just splurged at Barnes and Noble (not that I didn’t have enough in the TBR already at home) and it was mostly fiction :)

message 5: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14835 comments Karly: Having enough books lined up to read hasn't stopped too many of us from wanting to amass many more! I would usually be browsing the book tent at the Southern Festival of books next weekend. With Covid-19 this year, the event is virtual from Oct 1-11. The online store is the regular favorite independent book seller, so I expect to have a few more piling up soon too. :)
Karly wrote: "Just splurged at Barnes and Noble (not that I didn’t have enough in the TBR already at home) and it was mostly fiction :)
"

message 6: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 1320 comments I've been waiting for Troubled Blood from the library...but might have to splurge!

message 7: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14835 comments Dawn
Troubled Blood is sooooooo good! Having your own copy probably a plus!! Will love to have you join in the group read discussion!

message 8: by Karly (new)

Karly | 339 comments When it comes to books, I’m always in favor of a splurge!

message 9: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie | 466 comments I'm still waiting for Troubled Blood. Have read the whole series. Quiet .... is an important and wise book. I'm semi introvert but my youngest is very much one.