Tonya Kappes Cozy Krew discussion

COZY MYSTERY BOOK CLUB > Post #6 Beaches, Bungalows, and Burglaries Book Chat:

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tonya (new)

Tonya Kappes (tonyakappes) | 64 comments Mod
Mae has never spent any time in an RV or on a campground in her life.
Are you a camper? If so, do you prefer RV or tent camping?

This is a photo of my property I bought. It reminds me soooo much of the mucky lake in Beaches, Bungalows, & Burglaries!

message 2: by Jeanne (new)

Jeanne Thompson | 5 comments We have a pop camper when I was a kid. We would visit family and the battlefields up and down the east coast. I have not been camping in over 40 years. I would love to start again.

message 3: by Lee Ann (new)

Lee Ann McKee | 5 comments I think I saw it but can’t find it now...what’s the book we’re supposed to read for October?

message 4: by Tonya (new)

Tonya Kappes (tonyakappes) | 64 comments Mod
Jeanne wrote: "We have a pop camper when I was a kid. We would visit family and the battlefields up and down the east coast. I have not been camping in over 40 years. I would love to start again."

Oh! I love that. In Motorhomes, Maps, & Murder, the plot is centered around Camp Wildcat, a real battle in the Daniel Boone National Park. Every October they do have a re-enactment.

message 5: by Wulfwyn (new)

Wulfwyn  (alaskanbookcafe) I have been both tent and camper camping. I loved camping both ways. Now, with age and health, I’ll take the RV. I would love to just drive the USA, in an RV, exploring small towns.

message 6: by Wulfwyn (new)

Wulfwyn  (alaskanbookcafe) Lee Ann wrote: "I think I saw it but can’t find it now...what’s the book we’re supposed to read for October?"

Southern Magic

Tonya has a separate thread on it.

message 7: by Paula (new)

Paula Adams (goodreadscompadams57) | 7 comments We used to spend every summer as seasonal campers. We loved it and had friends we saw every summer and ended up being life long friends. We had parties every weekend, most of the dads could play and instrument. We could go swimming about any time we wanted to. We had dances at the rec center on Saturday nights and holidays. Most of us girls had portable record players and our collection of 45's and we would hang out and play records and sing. What great memories!!

message 8: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (ladybugz727) | 10 comments Luci: I've camped with Girl Scouts at our local Girl Scout Camp ... in a tent.

Melissa: My idea of camping in the Holiday Inn lol

message 9: by Katrina (new)

Katrina (katrinap) | 1 comments We go camping a lot. We have a 5th wheel and we love it. Great family time!

message 10: by Deb (new)

Deb (deb56) | 2 comments I love to camp we sold our camper years ago but we have a tent that we hope to go camping in soon. We also rent cabins at campgrounds too

message 11: by Chyril Sparks (new)

Chyril Sparks | 3 comments I used to go camping in a pop up camper as kid growing up. The campground we usually stayed at had swimming pool but most time we played in river near by. I just started camping again with my husband this year and just took a camping trip to the beach few weeks ago. It was a fun filled experience and looking forward to our trip in November. Hope to take the dogs then too. I enjoy reading this series and following Mae and Laundry Club on their adventures. Makes you want to find this wonderful town in Kentucky and see the beauty for yourself.

message 12: by Chyril Sparks (new)

Chyril Sparks | 3 comments Tonya wrote: "Mae has never spent any time in an RV or on a campground in her life.
Are you a camper? If so, do you prefer RV or tent camping?

This is a photo of my property I bought. It reminds me soooo much ..."

Especially when Mae describes the conditions of the lake when she first arrives and all the hard work it takes to get it back in shape.