8123 reading discussion

social medias & books

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Camilla (new)

Camilla Andrieto (camiafe) | 13 comments Mod
what do you guys think about how social medias affected your reading habits over the years?

(also, what social medias do you use the most?)

message 2: by Lavin (new)

Lavin (lavinassad) | 16 comments Mod
I used to read constantly until tumblr... I think social media reduced how much I read until I got a little older, but it’s also given me an obscene number of titles I want to read now which I appreciate. I think twitter is my main social media but I’ve been taking a break from social media altogether recently! Sadly it hasn’t increased my reading unless you count textbooks and journal articles

message 3: by Frankie (new)

Frankie (frankie13) | 13 comments Mod
I think it's affected my concentration mostly, I'm reading but stop more often that I used to, feeling like a I need to check twitter or look something up. I've started putting my phone far away!

message 4: by Bea (new)

Bea (findthecolor) | 4 comments So true! I feel like I need to put my phone away otherwise I tend to scroll through instagram all the time.

However, I believe that bookstagram and booktube have expanded my reading taste and have introduced to so many amazing authors!

message 5: by Frankie (new)

Frankie (frankie13) | 13 comments Mod
That's true, it's a great way to find things you might not have heard of/read otherwise!