Bookish Worms discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
2020 Challenge Archives > Team Pumpkin Discussion Board

Comments Showing 1-50 of 64 (64 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Discuss and chat with your team!
Here are the members of this team:
LuminescentFirefly
Necmi
Marianne
Clarabelle
Taya

message 2: by LyraFirefly (new)

LyraFirefly (bookishmusicalfeminist) Hi everyone! Let's win this thing!

message 3: by Marxie (new)

Marxie  Zhang (thirteenofmanon) Hi, first of all good luck to everyone and also...
do you have graphic novels suggestions, beside pumpkinheads, that can fit in the prompts?

message 4: by LyraFirefly (new)

LyraFirefly (bookishmusicalfeminist) Sorry, I don't know any :(

message 5: by Necmi (new)

Necmi Çoban | 229 comments Last readhatlon my team was the winner. So, this time we can do it again. Let’s read as much as we can. Good luck and good reads.

message 6: by Necmi (new)

Necmi Çoban | 229 comments I am going to start reading Ghost Stories of an Antiquary by M. R. James. I will start it after I have finished my current book.

message 7: by LyraFirefly (new)

LyraFirefly (bookishmusicalfeminist) I am reading Fairest: Levana's Story.

message 8: by Necmi (new)

Necmi Çoban | 229 comments Is Levana fits the challenge?

message 9: by LyraFirefly (new)

LyraFirefly (bookishmusicalfeminist) Yes, I think is counts as supernatural.

message 10: by Necmi (new)

Necmi Çoban | 229 comments Yes, the book has magic inside it. If the moderators accept no problem.

message 11: by Marxie (new)

Marxie  Zhang (thirteenofmanon) I just finish my book and now I will read the "stalking Jack the Ripper" series. I think those fit the challenge

message 12: by Necmi (new)

Necmi Çoban | 229 comments I think so

message 13: by Necmi (new)

Necmi Çoban | 229 comments I have just finished the first book for the readhatlon. Now, I’m reading The Three Impostors; or, The Transmutations by Arthur Machen.

message 14: by Marxie (new)

Marxie  Zhang (thirteenofmanon) that's great!

message 15: by Necmi (new)

Necmi Çoban | 229 comments I have just finished my second book for the readhatlon. I started to read my third one which is named The Keepsake. Genre is thriller and 375 pages.

message 16: by LyraFirefly (new)

LyraFirefly (bookishmusicalfeminist) Great! I am reading 2 books right now, and I am about halfway through!

message 17: by Necmi (new)

Necmi Çoban | 229 comments What we need is all of the group members read as much as book we can.

message 18: by LyraFirefly (new)

LyraFirefly (bookishmusicalfeminist) Yeah, 2 members haven't responded yet, but that may be because Goodreads' notifications aren't working.

message 19: by Necmi (new)

Necmi Çoban | 229 comments Hi Clarabelle and Taya,
Are you there? We must read as a group to win the readhatlon. I’m close to finish my third book.

message 20: by Necmi (new)

Necmi Çoban | 229 comments I have just finished third book for the readhatlon. I will start to read the new book soon.

message 21: by LyraFirefly (new)

LyraFirefly (bookishmusicalfeminist) I am done with my first book and I am almost done with my second.

message 22: by Necmi (new)

Necmi Çoban | 229 comments LuminescentFirefly wrote: "I am done with my first book and I am almost done with my second."

You are great.

message 23: by Necmi (last edited Oct 09, 2020 01:25PM) (new)

Necmi Çoban | 229 comments I started to read Improbable by Adam Fawer

message 24: by Necmi (new)

Necmi Çoban | 229 comments Do not forget to write your read books to the related post heading which is Books Completed. I found out that just I wrote there.

message 25: by LyraFirefly (new)

LyraFirefly (bookishmusicalfeminist) Okay!

message 26: by Necmi (new)

Necmi Çoban | 229 comments We are on the third place. Let’s read more and take the first place. I am at the half of the fourth book. Do not forget to write your read books to the Books Completed area. Good reads and good luck. Have a nice day.

message 27: by Necmi (new)

Necmi Çoban | 229 comments I have just finished the fourth book: Improbable by Adam Fawer and started to read the book Frankenstein or Modern Prometheus by Mary Shelley. Dear team members, please increase your reading speed. We must win the readhatlon. Have a nice day.

message 28: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 08, 2020 07:54AM) (new)

Hello Team Pumpkin! I hope your reading is going good! Could one of you all let me know if any team members haven't shown up yet? I will check in with them for you, and remind them that the readathon has started. :)

message 29: by Necmi (new)

Necmi Çoban | 229 comments Hello Natalie,
Clarabelle and Taya haven’t written anything up to now.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Necmi wrote: "Hello Natalie,
Clarabelle and Taya haven’t written anything up to now."

Great thanks! I'll send them each a message

message 31: by Taya (new)

Taya Fosmire (bibliotaya) Just throwing it out there that not everyone can read super fast. I have not finished a book yet this month. Also, am I supposed to be reading only "scary" themed books or does anything I read this month count?

message 32: by LyraFirefly (new)

LyraFirefly (bookishmusicalfeminist) It has to fit in the general themes given even if they're not scary.

message 33: by Necmi (new)

Necmi Çoban | 229 comments Dear Taya,
You can read instructions at the Sign-Ups & Instructions part of October Readhatlon.

message 34: by Necmi (last edited Oct 09, 2020 02:00PM) (new)

Necmi Çoban | 229 comments I have just finished the fifth book: Frankenstein or Modern Prometheus. Tomorrow, I'll start to read a new book which is The Chain by Adrian McKinty.

message 35: by LyraFirefly (new)

LyraFirefly (bookishmusicalfeminist) I am 1/4 way through another book that I am reading.

message 36: by Necmi (new)

Necmi Çoban | 229 comments Hello teammates,
Now, we are on the first place. Keep reading more. Bravo to all of you. Go Pumpkin go!

message 37: by LyraFirefly (new)

LyraFirefly (bookishmusicalfeminist) Yay!

message 38: by Taya (new)

Taya Fosmire (bibliotaya) glad to be in the first place team. keep up the good work guys! happy reading

message 39: by Necmi (last edited Oct 12, 2020 01:20PM) (new)

Necmi Çoban | 229 comments I have just finished the sixth book and I will start to read the seventh one tomorrow.

message 40: by Necmi (new)

Necmi Çoban | 229 comments I selected Strange Weather as my new book for the readhatlon.

message 41: by LyraFirefly (new)

LyraFirefly (bookishmusicalfeminist) I finished The School For Good and Evil.

message 42: by Necmi (new)

Necmi Çoban | 229 comments Bravo. Keep reading books.

message 43: by LyraFirefly (new)

LyraFirefly (bookishmusicalfeminist) Now I am currently reading The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes.

message 44: by Necmi (new)

Necmi Çoban | 229 comments Good. I finished Strange Weather yesterday and reading The Country of Blind

message 45: by LyraFirefly (new)

LyraFirefly (bookishmusicalfeminist) Great!

message 46: by LyraFirefly (new)

LyraFirefly (bookishmusicalfeminist) I finished The Outsiders and The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes.

message 47: by LyraFirefly (new)

LyraFirefly (bookishmusicalfeminist) I will post them as completed later.

message 48: by Necmi (new)

Necmi Çoban | 229 comments I have just finished reading the book The Country of the Blind. Tomorrow I will start to read a new book most probably a thriller book. I hope other team members are reading. Please write here which book you are reading.

message 49: by LyraFirefly (new)

LyraFirefly (bookishmusicalfeminist) Great! I will start The Storm Runner and Divergent now.

message 50: by Necmi (new)

Necmi Çoban | 229 comments Great but we are struggling just two of us. What about the other team members? Are they collecting the books and write them in once?

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.