The Procrastinators Book Club discussion

The Bone Witch (The Bone Witch, #1)
This topic is about The Bone Witch
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
★Buddy/Group Read Retirement★ > The Bone Witch (October 2020) Buddy Read Discussion ~ Roksy & Hannah SK & Michelle & Cat & Alex & Deb & Rosina

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Althea ☾, Group Procrastinator (On Hiatus) (last edited Oct 06, 2020 12:23AM) (new)

Althea ☾ (themoonwholistens) | 1118 comments Mod
Welcome to the The Bone Witch Buddy Read Discussion thread! This thread officially opens on October 11th and anyone can join at any time. Please keep in mind that spoilers are allowed in this thread but only up to the group's current reading place. Do not spoil the book if you've read further than the group. Any extra days can be used to catch up!

Each day we will be reading by chapters or page numbers. Page numbers are an approximation based on the hardcover or paperback that is the default on Goodreads. The suggested Buddy Read discussion schedule is as follows:

Week of 10/11
Oct 11: Chapters 1-5
Oct 12: Chapters 6-10
Oct 13: Chapters 11-15
Oct 14: Chapters 16-20
Oct 15: Chapters 21-25
Oct 16: Chapters 26-31

PARTICIPANTS
~ Roksy
~ Hannah SK
~ Michelle
~ Cat
~ Alex
~ Deb
~ Rosina

Rosina | 220 comments Hi
I would like to join this BR...is it ok that I am on a different team?

message 3: by Althea ☾, Group Procrastinator (On Hiatus) (new)

Rosina wrote: "Hi
I would like to join this BR...is it ok that I am on a different team?"

Hi Rosina! Different teams can participate in Buddy Reads together :) It’s fine as long as the current participants are fine with it.

Rosina | 220 comments Thanks Althea for the info. : )

message 5: by Cat (new) - rated it 2 stars

Cat | Bookocraze (bookocraze) | 181 comments I'd absolutely love to participate, too :)

Alex (The Scribe Owl) | 234 comments Hi! Would it be okay if I joined too? I've had this book from before I became a serious blogger/reviewer so I don't remember much. I'd love to read it again.

message 7: by Deb (new)

Deb (dascher37) | 3 comments I’d like to participate too if that’s possible!

Rosina | 220 comments Id like to join as well

Rosina | 220 comments Hi Everyone
Checkpoint 1 - I am enjoying this story more than I thought I would. I am intrigued by the relationship of Tea & Lady Mykaela...looks as if Tea has found a good mentor
I am wondering who the boy is that Tea meets at the end of Ch 5 and who his mother was

Michelle (shelbrenn) | 266 comments Just starting book, but I laughed out loud at the dedication. Ramen rules!!

Alex (The Scribe Owl) | 234 comments Michelle wrote: "Just starting book, but I laughed out loud at the dedication. Ramen rules!!"

Oh my gosh, yes! I saw that and immediately showed everyone I could find xD

Alex (The Scribe Owl) | 234 comments Okay, I just finished the first five chapters! I read this book two years ago and I don't remember much about it except that I was annoyed that so much of it was in italics. I don't mind the italics that much this readthrough, thankfully. I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would so far. The writing and worldbuilding is excellent!

Roksy (roksy93) | 76 comments I just finished chapter 5. I am very intrigued so far! I like the narration by both Tea and the bard, and the world building is solid despite being only a few chapters in. I'm quite keen to see where this goes!

Michelle (shelbrenn) | 266 comments This book hasn't totally grabbed me yet, but the thought and detail going into build up is good. Excited for some action.

Alex (The Scribe Owl) | 234 comments I just finished chapters 5-10 and I'm actually really starting to enjoy it! I see a love triangle on the horizon which could end up being pretty annoying, but I like it so far. Fantastic worldbuilding!

Alex (The Scribe Owl) | 234 comments Okay, the book has me now. The description is so well done and the writing is excellent. I read all five chapters in a sitting and saw that an hour had passed though I was so caught up in it that I felt like I had just sat down!

Roksy (roksy93) | 76 comments I'm a little behind thanks to research, but I'm over halfway through the book now and I am really enjoying it! The story is well-balanced, the world is nicely developed and discreetly woven throughout to give the universe a strong sense of reality, and the characters feel whole and relatable - even the nasty ones!

Alex (The Scribe Owl) | 234 comments Huh, it's interesting that Tea's name is pronounced tey-uh. I thought it was pronounced tee, like the drink! I wish that it was said closer to the beginning of the book because she's already "tee" in my head.

message 19: by Althea ☾, Group Procrastinator (On Hiatus) (new)

❀ Alex ❀ (The Scribe Owl) wrote: "Huh, it's interesting that Tea's name is pronounced tey-uh. I thought it was pronounced tee, like the drink! I wish that it was said closer to the beginning of the book because she's already "tee" ..."

hi just wanted to pop in and say that it's probably cuz the author is FIlipino and in the Philippines it's a common way to pronounce Tea as tey-uh 😹😹

Roksy (roksy93) | 76 comments I am so pleased to be reading about all these badass women!

Roksy (roksy93) | 76 comments WOW. Just. Wow. What a book. That ending.

Rosina | 220 comments was a great read....hopefully you have the second one to start...

Alex (The Scribe Owl) | 234 comments Althea | themoonwholistens ☾ wrote: "❀ Alex ❀ (The Scribe Owl) wrote: "Huh, it's interesting that Tea's name is pronounced tey-uh. I thought it was pronounced tee, like the drink! I wish that it was said closer to the beginning of the..."

Oh cool! I knew someone whose name was pronounced "tey-uh" but she spelled her name Thea. Maybe that's a German thing?

Michelle (shelbrenn) | 266 comments Very intense ending and I loved it! Would totally buddy read the next one.

Roksy (roksy93) | 76 comments @Rosina I went to my local bookshop and bought the rest of the series!

Rosina | 220 comments Roksy wrote: "@Rosina I went to my local bookshop and bought the rest of the series!"

I have to get the third one ....looking forward to reading this series...

message 27: by Alex (The Scribe Owl) (last edited Oct 16, 2020 09:24PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alex (The Scribe Owl) | 234 comments That was so good! I liked it much more this time around, and I would definitely be up to buddy read the rest sometime!

I loved that she included Tom Hiddleston in the acknowledgments. Ramen in the dedication and Tom in the acknowledgments. What more could you want?

Here's my review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Roksy (roksy93) | 76 comments @Alex I'm planning to read book two in November if you or anyone else wants to buddy up!

Alex (The Scribe Owl) | 234 comments Roksy wrote: "@Alex I'm planning to read book two in November if you or anyone else wants to buddy up!"

I would love to! Let me see if I can get my hands on a copy!

Michelle (shelbrenn) | 266 comments ❀ Alex ❀ (The Scribe Owl) wrote: "Roksy wrote: "@Alex I'm planning to read book two in November if you or anyone else wants to buddy up!"

I would love to! Let me see if I can get my hands on a copy!"

I would love to buddy read it!!!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.