Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Adding New Books > Please add new book

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Edgar (new)

Edgar Martin | 3 comments Can you please add this book? Thank you.

*Title: After the Rain: In Pursuit of Reality
*Author name: Edgar Martin
*ASIN: B08KCW74YR
*Publication date: September 28, 2020
*Format: Kindle Edition
*Page count: 168
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08KCW74YR

message 3: by Edgar (last edited Sep 30, 2020 02:06PM) (new)

Edgar Martin | 3 comments Thank you!
But there is a problem with the author's data.
On your page this book is attributed to the wrong Edgar Martin (1898-1960), and the real author is another Edgar Martin (1986), his biography is on the Amazon page of that book.
Please can you correct that.
Thanks again

message 4: by Scott (new)

Scott | 22145 comments I moved it to a new profile.

message 5: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 44042 comments Mod
Duplicate request has been removed. To avoid confusion, please only post requests once. If a day or two have gone by with no reply, it's fine to bump your request up by responding to your own thread. Goodreads Librarians are volunteers, and some requests may take some time to get a reply.

message 6: by Edgar (new)

Edgar Martin | 3 comments thank you for the information!
I'm new here so I'm still researching how everything works.

message 7: by N. (new)

N. Gray | 10 comments Hi,

Please could you add the following two books to my author profile:

Blaire Thorne Omnibus #1 (Books 1 - 4): A Dark Urban Fantasy: Ulysses Exposed, Voodoo Priest, Butterflies and Hurricanes, Salvation
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/5...

And this one on pre-order: Underworld Legacy: A Dark Urban Fantasy (Blaire Thorne Book 5) B08J1FNZ1M

Thank you
N Gray

message 8: by Suzi (last edited Sep 30, 2020 10:28PM) (new)

Suzi | 8667 comments N. wrote: "Hi,

Please could you add the following two books to my author profile:

Blaire Thorne Omnibus #1 (Books 1 - 4): A Dark Urban Fantasy: Ulysses Exposed, Voodoo Priest, Butterflies and Hurricanes, Sa..."

1. Goodreads disambiguates between authors of the same name by using spaces before the author's last name.

2. Your author profile has 2 spaces: N.^^Gray, where the ^ equals a space.

3. When publications are automatically imported from Amazon or other sources, the "handshake' between Goodreads and the other source do not recognize multiple spaces, so the work goes to the default 1 space profile.

4. You can post in this forum to have it moved, or you can add the book with the 2 spaces before your last name before publication.

5. When you ask for assistance, it is helpful to include that your author profile has 2 spaces.

6. When you add a book, it will go directly to your profile if you go to this page:

Books by N. Gray

and scroll down to where it says: * Note: these are all the books on Goodreads for this author. To add more books, click here. [there is a hyperlink for adding your books on the "Click Here " that will ensure your author name is correctly formatted.

7. I combined the books you listed. You can set the default edition that shows up in searches and on your author profile with these instructions: Setting Default Edition

message 9: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Ridge | 6 comments Hi my cover hasn't uploaded to my author profile