Tonya Kappes Cozy Krew discussion

COZY MYSTERY BOOK CLUB > Post #3 Beaches, Bungalows, and Burglaries Book Chat:

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tonya (new)

Tonya Kappes (tonyakappes) | 64 comments Mod
Tonya, what inspired you to write a series of books set in a RV park?
What was the inspiration behind this book in particular?
I'm going to be taking questions all day, so if you have a question, just post it in any of the posts.

Here is my response to this question:

Well...I have to admit that I had this laundromat idea in my head. I try to come up with sleuth that’s not had the typical job. Of course there’s a little bit of me in every book. My parents had an Winnebago when I was a kiddo. We did a lot of camping and traveling. It was so much fun.
It hit me that you had to do laundry while camping so it came together. A little crazy southern.

message 2: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (ladybugz727) | 10 comments Luci (age 10): How do you choose the names of your characters? Are your characters based on real people?

Melissa: Have you thought of having a book in the series where the Laundry Club takes a road trip?

Tonya wrote: "Tonya, what inspired you to write a series of books set in a RV park?
What was the inspiration behind this book in particular?
I'm going to be taking questions all day, so if you have a question, ..."

message 3: by Tonya (new)

Tonya Kappes (tonyakappes) | 64 comments Mod
Melissa wrote: "Luci (age 10): How do you choose the names of your characters? Are your characters based on real people?

Melissa: Have you thought of having a book in the series where the Laundry Club takes a ro..."

They do head back to Mae's hometown in another book and they do go camping outside of the campground in Assailants, Asphalt, and Alibis.