The Perks Of Being A Book Addict discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
ARCHIVE - BOTM nominations > November 2020 BotM nominations

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 5141 comments It's time to nominate books for our BotM in November. Please nominate books that you would like to read and discuss with the group here.

**Please note a couple of the rules have changed due to many books being selected that were read fairly recently. Please check the bookshelf to see if your nomination has been read in the past couple of years or more than once before nominating.**

Rules:
➙ Please nominate only ONE book.
➙ Books do not need to be seconded.
➙ Do not nominate books that have been read as a BOTM in the past 2 years.
➙ If a book has already been a BotM two times, it is no longer eligible to be nominated again.
➙ Do not nominate books that are the second or later in a series.
➙ Do not use this thread for author self-promotion.
➙ No erotica.

Additional tips -
Please use a book link, if possible. If it's not possible, please include the author's name. I want to make sure I include the correct books! You can add a synopsis from the books Goodread's page, if you like, but it is not necessary.

Directions to add a book link:
This can only be done when online and not when using an app.

When typing in the text box, on top of the box there is a link that says "add book/author". Click on that and a new box will appear. Type your book name in the space provided and click on "search". When you see your book, click the "add" button to the right of it.

To add a link that just has the book name, you can click "link" at the bottom of the "add book/author" box. The link is the automatic setting. To add a book cover, click on "cover" at the bottom left.

Ravenclaw Library Books (ravenclawlibrarybooks) | 232 comments The Poppy Field The Poppy Field by Deborah Carr Deborah Carr

message 4: by Alekhya (new)

Alekhya Suma | 106 comments The Time Traveller's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger

message 5: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (carriele1216) | 324 comments The Thursday Murder Club (Thursday Murder Club, #1) by Richard Osman
The Thursday Murder Club
Richard Osman

In a peaceful retirement village, four unlikely friends meet weekly in the Jigsaw Room to discuss unsolved crimes; together they call themselves The Thursday Murder Club. Elizabeth, Joyce, Ibrahim and Ron might be pushing eighty but they still have a few tricks up their sleeves.

When a local developer is found dead with a mysterious photograph left next to the body, the Thursday Murder Club suddenly find themselves in the middle of their first live case. As the bodies begin to pile up, can our unorthodox but brilliant gang catch the killer, before it’s too late?

message 6: by Hansa (new)

Hansa 💗 (hansa990) | 52 comments The one by john marrs- its such a good book also becoming a netflix show

message 7: by Leena (new)

Leena Aluru (mgleena) | 530 comments i would like to nominate
As The Stars Fall: A Book for Dog Lovers

Its a really beautiful book and would love to read with you all.

message 8: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 115 comments The Other Side of the Sky by Amie Kaufman and Megan Spooner

message 10: by Hannah (last edited Oct 01, 2020 05:53AM) (new)

Hannah Robinson (hanesther) | 21 comments I'm not sure how to see if this book has been done recently as I wasn't able to find the old threads, but I'd love to nominate The Language of Flowers.

The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh

message 11: by Lex (new)

Lex (lexi_liese) | 136 comments The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini

By the way, I appreciate the addition of the rule that a book can only ever be read twice. Now that some of the earlier picks are circulating back through, I was beginning to think maybe it was time to choose a different book club. I have been part of this group since it was started, and even though I didn't begin participating in discussions until 2017, I read a lot of the earlier picks myself.

message 13: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (tracylemos) | 242 comments The Blue by Nancy Bilyeau

message 14: by Kristie, Moderator (last edited Oct 02, 2020 06:45AM) (new)

Kristie | 5141 comments Lex wrote: "By the way, I appreciate the addition of the rule that a book can only ever be read twice. Now that some of the earlier picks are circulating back through, I was beginning to think maybe it was time to choose a different book club. I have been part of this group since it was started, and even though I didn't begin participating in discussions until 2017, I read a lot of the earlier picks myself."

Thanks. Yeah, I started allowing re-reads because we have so many new members, but then we seemed to be getting a lot of books that we had "just" read about a year ago. I don't want to end up reading the same books every year. There are far too many good books out there.

message 15: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 5141 comments Hannah wrote: "I'm not sure how to see if this book has been done recently as I wasn't able to find the old threads, but I'd love to nominate The Language of Flowers.

The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh"

When you're online you can just click on "bookshelf" on the righthand side of the screen. On the app it is more difficult to find. We haven't read that one yet, so you are all set.

Bookshelf is here if you'd like to take a look: https://www.goodreads.com/group/books...

message 16: by Leena (new)

Leena Aluru (mgleena) | 530 comments I'd like to nominate The Glass Palace by Amitav Ghosh

message 17: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 5141 comments Leena wrote: "I'd like to nominate The Glass Palace by Amitav Ghosh"

You've already nominated As The Stars Fall: A Book for Dog Lovers. Did you want to change your nomination?

message 18: by Renee (new)

Renee (elenarenee) | 145 comments I would like to nominate Olive, Again

message 19: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissa12345678) | 153 comments The Poppy Field please :)

message 20: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 5141 comments Renee wrote: "I would like to nominate Olive, Again"

Sorry, Renee. That is the second book in a series so it is not eligible.

message 21: by Renee (last edited Oct 05, 2020 03:28AM) (new)

Renee (elenarenee) | 145 comments Oh sorry i got my groups mixed up. I thought we had read it here. I will secondThe Glass Palace

message 22: by Kristie, Moderator (last edited Oct 07, 2020 11:23AM) (new)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.