The Cool Kids' Fantasy Club discussion

General discussion > Best under 300

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mike (new)

Mike | 3 comments Ok,so a little spin on the “best books I’ve read” theme but... best book you’ve read with under 300 pages?

message 2: by Rey (new)

Rey (shrooster) | 2 comments Really loved Yoko Ogawa's Memory Police. Short and haunting.

message 3: by Mike (new)

Mike | 3 comments Thanks Shrey

message 4: by Joan (new)

Joan After The Funeral by Agatha Christie.

message 5: by Meny (last edited Oct 02, 2020 07:20AM) (new)

Meny | 13 comments Lord of Light is one of my favourites of any genre, good thing it covers 4-5 of them...
As an added challenge you have Nine Princes in Amber and Roadmarks which clock-in at under 200, and are two of the best at any length...

message 6: by Emily (new)

Emily | 7 comments As of late? Annihilation, but my favorite ever under 300 pages? Terry Pratchett's The Color of Magic will always be 228 pages of pure goodness - a lot of the Discworld series of books will fall under my "short, but GREAT" books though.

message 7: by Harveen (new)

Harveen (harvskhails) | 12 comments I just finished Folk by Zoe Gilbert and that was pretty good. 234 pages of short stories about characters in a small village in a style that's reminiscent of traditional folk tales and Grimm's or Hans Christian Andersen's fairy tales where the endings of each story aren't entirely happy or unhappy but leave you with a sense of unease.

message 8: by William (new)

William Gwynne (willjrgwynne) | 12 comments The old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway - around the 100 pages mark. Written beautifully with very thought provoking content

message 9: by Wadi (new)

Wadi Hisham | 6 comments Legion by Brandon Sanderson is fantastic. Emperor's Soul by Brandon Sanderson is also fantastic.

message 10: by Mike (new)

Mike | 3 comments thanks all