Tonya Kappes Cozy Krew discussion

COZY MYSTERY BOOK CLUB > Post #2 Beaches, Bungalows, and Burglaries Book Chat:

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tonya (new)

Tonya Kappes (tonyakappes) | 64 comments Mod
Beaches, Bungalows, and Burglaries
Mae West is living a life of luxury in New York City until the FBI raid her home and arrest her husband for leading a Ponzi scheme. The only thing the government doesn’t seize is a camper and the deed to a RV park she now owns in Normal, Kentucky. Mae begrudgingly makes her to way to this new
“home” only to find her ex-husband’s body floating the lake of the RV park.
Can Mae prove her innocence and make a new life for herself in a place that to her seems anything but Normal?
Read more about the book here: https://amzn.to/2uw5etj
What did you think of the book? Did you think this was a good start to a new series?

message 2: by Jeanne (new)

Jeanne Thompson | 5 comments I loved the book. When I finished it I was like there better be more as I had unanswered questions about the characters. I love to see have they develop.

message 3: by Wulfwyn (new)

Wulfwyn  (alaskanbookcafe) I enjoyed this book. I love that it is in Daniel Boone Forest. I have so many memories from there.
I think the opening book was well done. I liked the characters. It was interesting to see Mae go from Kentucky to the Northeast and come back home. I remember hearing when i was little that you spend your growing up years dreaming of leaving only to leave and spend the years away trying to get back home. So it felt real to me. Having her go from foster care to rich to owning only a campground and trailer was interesting. She has a variety of experiences to draw on. Good riddance to the husband. Haha.

message 4: by Tonya (new)

Jeanne wrote: "I loved the book. When I finished it I was like there better be more as I had unanswered questions about the characters. I love to see have they develop."

YAY! That's always good to hear! xo

message 5: by Tonya (new)

Wulfwyn wrote: "I enjoyed this book. I love that it is in Daniel Boone Forest. I have so many memories from there.
I think the opening book was well done. I liked the characters. It was interesting to see Mae go f..."

Thank you so much!!! I'm honored especially since you are from the area!

message 6: by Laura (new)

Laura (dogsmomlaura) | 4 comments The characters are wonderful. The setting is different and interesting. Great start to a fun series.

message 7: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (ladybugz727) | 10 comments Luci (age 10): I thought it was a great book and a wonderful start to the series. Beaches, Bungalows, and Burglaries helped describe the setting and set the tone for the books to come. I loved this book because it took place at a campground. I really liked different characters from the Laundry Club.

Melissa: I love this series! I thought it was a great start to a new series. I love that it takes place at a campground and that Mae gets knocked down a bit from high society.

Tonya wrote: "Beaches, Bungalows, and Burglaries
Mae West is living a life of luxury in New York City until the FBI raid her home and arrest her husband for leading a Ponzi scheme. The only thing..."

message 8: by Tonya (new)

Melissa wrote: "Luci (age 10): I thought it was a great book and a wonderful start to the series. Beaches, Bungalows, and Burglaries helped describe the setting and set the tone for the books to come. I loved this..."

Thank you so much, Luci! Have you ever been camping? It's a fun place!

Thank you Melissa!! It's been a wild ride for Mae and I'm excited where her character ARC goes from here.

message 9: by Tonya (new)

Laura wrote: "The characters are wonderful. The setting is different and interesting. Great start to a fun series."

Thank you! I'm having a great time writing them.