Time Travel discussion

Member Introductions > New Member: Stanlei Bellan

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stanlei (new)

Stanlei Bellan | 6 comments Hello all,

I am Stanlei and have always loved time travel in any and all forms. My favorite past time is to find errors of logic in time travel stories.

I am also trying to put together a bunch of short stories I have on time travel, and who knows, maybe I will eventually launch it as a book. If I do, you will know :-)

Cheers,

Stanlei

message 2: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6 comments "errors of logic in time travel stories" - these often make 'my brain hurt' too much to pursue.

It seems one must make exceptions to notions of cause-and-effect to reconcile contradictions imposed by time-travel.

(one such is "multiple universes" - so it seems)

Your "past time" would seem to be thread that I would be interested in. Wonder how this group would support that?

message 3: by Neb (new)

Neb Inskip | 3 comments Greetings Stanlei, and welcome to the group.

I think looking for errors in logic can be fun but I also agree with Jim's point about making exceptions to notions of cause-and-effect to reconcile contradictions. As an author, and yes, one of the genres I write in is time travel, even I am left with questions sometimes, but then again, so too are my characters. I guess that means that there is more to discover and room for another series. :) Good luck with your publishing goals, look forward to reading it.

message 4: by Stanlei (last edited Oct 07, 2020 09:20AM) (new)

Stanlei Bellan | 6 comments Jim wrote: ""errors of logic in time travel stories" - these often make 'my brain hurt' too much to pursue.

It seems one must make exceptions to notions of cause-and-effect to reconcile contradictions impose..."

Hey Jim, I have just created a thread about it:
Time Travel Errors of Logic