Aussie Readers discussion

Archives > A&U Giveaway - Win an advance copy of the NEW Phryne Fisher mystery!

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Allen and Unwin (allenandunwin) | 75 comments Hi Aussie Readers! We are celebrating the triumphant return of the formidable Miss Phryne Fisher this November with an advance copy giveaway of her latest adventure Death in Daylesford!

Surrounded by secrets, great and small, the formidable Miss Phryne Fisher returns to vanquish injustice.

When a mysterious invitation arrives for Miss Phryne Fisher from an unknown Captain Herbert Spencer, Phryne's curiosity is excited. Spencer runs a retreat in Victoria's spa country for shell-shocked soldiers of the First World War. It's a cause after Phryne's own heart but what could Spencer want from her?

Phryne and the faithful Dot view their spa sojourn as a short holiday but are quickly thrown in the midst of disturbing Highland gatherings, disappearing women, murder and the mystery of the Temperance Hotel.

Meanwhile, Cec, Bert and Tinker find a young woman floating face down in the harbour, dead. Tinker, with Jane and Ruth, Phryne's resilient adopted daughters, together decide to solve what appears to be a heinous crime.

Disappearances, murder, bombs, booby-traps and strange goings-on land Miss Phryne Fisher right in the middle of her most exciting adventure.

To enter, simply go to www.allenandunwin.com/phrynefisher and tell us what your favourite book by Kerry Greenwood in the Phryne Fisher series is and why.

Entries close 8th October so don't miss out!

message 2: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn | 8261 comments Excellent giveaway A&U! I've been looking forward to reading the new Phryne Fisher so will enter for sure :)

message 3: by Angela (new)

Angela (angelaholmes) | 316 comments Thanks for another great giveaway A&U - definitely entering this one! :-)

message 4: by Sharon (new)

Sharon | 4737 comments Thank you A&U :)

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 979 comments Thank you A&U, it sounds fascinating!

message 6: by Marianne (new)

Marianne (cloggiedownunder) | 8516 comments Oooh, yes please!

message 7: by Gloria (new)

Gloria Arthur (Ms. G's Bookshelf) (gloriaarthur) | 368 comments Thanks for the opportunity A&U, I have entered!

message 8: by Deb (new)

Deb | 213 comments Phryne is such a great character!

message 9: by Stacey (new)

Stacey Houllis | 32 comments thanks will enter

message 10: by Jo (new)

Jo Rushby | 236 comments I have entered.

message 11: by Marles (new)

Marles Henry (henrymarlene) | 43 comments wow, what a great competition!!

message 12: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Brenda | 71207 comments Mod
Thanks A&U, definitely a great giveaway of a book lots will be looking forward to :)

message 13: by Renee (new)

Renee Hermansen | 109 comments Entered. Thanks A&U.

message 14: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Brenda | 71207 comments Mod
I just received an email to say I'd won an ARC of this book! Thanks A&U - very excited :)

message 15: by Jane (new)

Jane | 522 comments Me too Brenda. Thanks A&U - looking forward to reading it.

message 16: by Renee (new)

Renee Hermansen | 109 comments I just checked my email after reading this comment and found I have a copy coming my way too. Thanks A&U

message 17: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn | 3526 comments And me!! Many thanks, Allen and Unwin - I am sooo looking forward to the next Phryne Fisher mystery!

message 18: by Jo (new)

Jo Rushby | 236 comments Thanks A&U I am looking forward to my copy I have won. I haven't won any books for a long time.

message 19: by Marles (new)

Marles Henry (henrymarlene) | 43 comments Thank A&U - just got my email!

message 20: by Angela (new)

Angela (angelaholmes) | 316 comments Thanks A&U for my ARC. I received it this morning. And I have to say that the cover is stunning !!!! I can't wait to get started on it.

message 21: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn | 3526 comments Yes, thanks, A&U - my copy just arrived!!

message 22: by Renee (new)

Renee Hermansen | 109 comments My copy was also on my door step today. Thanks again.

message 23: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn | 8261 comments My copy also arrived today - looks great! Thanks A&U for a great giveaway!

message 24: by Angela (last edited Oct 26, 2020 10:28PM) (new)

Angela (angelaholmes) | 316 comments First and foremost, a huge thank you to Allen & Unwin for providing me with a copy of this publication, which allows me to provide you with an unbiased review. No hesitation 5 ⭐️

My review of Death in Daylesford

message 25: by Deb (last edited Oct 26, 2020 11:15PM) (new)

Deb | 213 comments My copy has arrived! Now to get started reading. Maybe make a cup of coffee first.
Thanks Allen & Unwin.

message 26: by Angela (new)

Angela (angelaholmes) | 316 comments Deb wrote: "My copy has arrived! Now to get started reading. Maybe make a cup of coffee first.
Thanks Allen & Unwin."

Yay! Enjoy Deb 😊