What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Distant Echo (Inspector Karen Pirie, #1)
This topic is about The Distant Echo
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. 4 friends find a body in the cemetery on a cold December night. Years later, this haunts them as they work to unveil the truth. Spoilers ahead. [s]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Euphanie Saint-Surin | 5 comments Short story where a group of teenagers, they’re probably 4, find a girl they know, raped and murdered in a cemetery. Her name is Rosie or Rose.Years later, this haunts them and one of them became a cop. And they find out who the killer was and it is unexpected .

Spoiler Alert: Turns out the girl had a son who grew up and wants to avenge his mom. One of the things I remember is that when the cops were doing the tests, blue paint was found and I remember this because they kept emphasizing on it and that’s how they found the killer years later. So I’ve read this book when I was 12 or 13 in French and now I want to read it again but I don’t know the title in English. If anyone could help me it’ll be greatly appreciated. Edit: I’m slowly trying to remember the title in French and I remember there was either “Night” or “Snow” in the title. I’m just translating what I remember in English so it might not be right. Also the girl was murdered around Christmas. EDIT: Gosh, it's so frustrating trying to remember and then the details coming bit by bit and I am guessing, it wasn't really a popular book since Google cannot even help me out. I'm so desperate. But I am sure the book was released around 2012 or 2013. Edit: Posted this on a Goodreads group and another website. Hopefully, I’ll find it.

message 2: by Zenta (new)

Zenta  (juljeta) | 193 comments It sounds like The Distant Echo by Val McDermid

Euphanie Saint-Surin | 5 comments Yes it is. Thank you so much!!!