Play Book Tag discussion

The Kiss Quotient (The Kiss Quotient, #1)
This topic is about The Kiss Quotient
September 2020: Psychological > [pb]The Kiss Quotient, by Helen Hoang, 3.5 stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by NancyJ (last edited Sep 28, 2020 06:05PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

NancyJ (nancyjjj) | 5692 comments I enjoyed this cute and funny romance about a young woman with Asperger's who feels the need for a practice boyfriend. It's fairly predictable, but the Asperger's made it very interesting to me. My heart went out to her. I really liked the work details and career issues for the lead characters. The research about who buys underwear (and the missing variable in her regression model) was a memorable detail. I liked the characters, including some lovable family members. Others have commented about the sex in the book. My complaint wasn't so much that it was too graphic, but rather I found the terminology somewhat cringeworthy in spots. I think the author challenged herself to find new synonyms each time they had sex (or thought about having sex). It was reminiscent of old fashioned bodice rippers. I was more annoyed by the constant back and forth with the 'love me, loves me not' trope. I listened to the audio which was very upbeat.

message 2: by Joi (new) - added it

Joi (missjoious) | 3824 comments Lots of people reading this one lately- it's jumped on and off my TBR based on reviews, and I think it's landed officially ON the TBR. Going in with some lowered expectations, and ready for some old fashion bodice-ripper scenes, lol.

NancyJ (nancyjjj) | 5692 comments I hope you like it!