Love Tropes Paranormal, Fantasy, & Sci-Fi Romance Book of the Month Club discussion

Welcome! > Come and introduce yourself

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jules, Love Tropes Author (new)

Jules Crisare | 19 comments Mod
We'd love to hear more about you, so feel free to introduce yourself.

message 2: by Cassandra, Admin Extraordinaire (new)

Cassandra | 16 comments Mod
Hello hello *waves*. I’m Cassandra I’m a very avid reader (like seriously, I read like it’s the air I need to breathe) so much so that NO ONE has ever seen me without a book or three, my husband hates it but my 3yo daughter is following in my footsteps so I’m very happy with that.

I love pretty much all romance tropes, but shifters will always take center stage.

If you feel the same come join me in Shifter Central. It’s kinda like FB without the BS and drama....to me that’s a win/win.

https://silver-sentinels.mn.co/

message 3: by Jackie (new)

Jackie O'Donnell | 3 comments I am a very avid reader. I must read every day no matter how late I have to work. It's my way to unwind after working two jobs. Lately I have been exploring more of the writing process and how to put my ideas down on paper.

message 4: by Jules, Love Tropes Author (new)

Jackie wrote: "I am a very avid reader. I must read every day no matter how late I have to work. It's my way to unwind after working two jobs. Lately I have been exploring more of the writing process and how to p..."

Well then, this is a great group for you. We're serious about answering any questions, especially about putting pen to paper!

message 5: by Jackie (new)

Jackie O'Donnell | 3 comments Awesome! Thank you so much. Is it true to start off with a character sheet/outline of what you want to write before starting to write? I started writing a story and its already 14,000 words and I haven't done that. Is it more beneficial to do that first or should I keep going with what I have in mind?

message 6: by Jules, Love Tropes Author (new)

Jackie wrote: "Awesome! Thank you so much. Is it true to start off with a character sheet/outline of what you want to write before starting to write? I started writing a story and its already 14,000 words and I h..."

I happen to just write. I have an endpoint, like I know where I'm going to end. For Book 5, Delia and Allard will get a happy ending. Then, each day I sit down to write, I try to make their lives just frustrating enough.

In short, there is no one way, just the way that works best for you to get words on the page.

message 7: by Jackie (new)

Jackie O'Donnell | 3 comments Thank you so much for the advice

message 8: by Jules, Love Tropes Author (last edited Oct 02, 2020 07:02PM) (new)

Jackie wrote: "Thank you so much for the advice"

I like to remind myself that it doesn't matter how the words end up on the page as they get there. If an outline helps, use it. If a rough timeline listing beats helps, use it.

Do whatever works for you and ignore anyone who says "this is the only way to do it."

message 9: by Sofia, Love Tropes Author (new)

Sofia Aves | 7 comments Mod
Cassandra wrote: "Hello hello *waves*. I’m Cassandra I’m a very avid reader (like seriously, I read like it’s the air I need to breathe) so much so that NO ONE has ever seen me without a book or three, my husband ha..."

Hellllllloooooooo!!!

message 10: by Sofia, Love Tropes Author (new)

Jackie wrote: "I am a very avid reader. I must read every day no matter how late I have to work. It's my way to unwind after working two jobs. Lately I have been exploring more of the writing process and how to p..."

You're working two jobs? that's huge! and glad you get the wind down afterwards. Escapism at its best :)

message 11: by Sofia, Love Tropes Author (new)

Jackie wrote: "Awesome! Thank you so much. Is it true to start off with a character sheet/outline of what you want to write before starting to write? I started writing a story and its already 14,000 words and I h..."

There are plotters who plan everything out in advance and pansters who literally fly by the seat of their pants! There is no "wrong" or "right" way to write a book - it's what gets you to the end goal and remember that when it comes time to edit, you can go back and make all those changes then. I make up a series bible (rarely write standalones) and add in all the details I know up front and create the characters and their world/setting a little. But I add in everything as it comes up in the book so I don;t go back and trip myself up later on. Great resource and very easy to do!

message 12: by Valentina (new)

Valentina De castro (decastrovalen) Hey guys, i'm Val. Not so new to GG but still looking for a great group to talk about books, hope this is the one + as you notice i'm so bad at talking about me but I'll try my best in the future interactions

Feel free to add me <3