Challenge Corner discussion

Malorie (Bird Box, #2)
This topic is about Malorie
Let's Buddy! - Horror/Thriller > Malorie by Josh Malerman --> Starting October 31st, 2020

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new)

Aly (alyp_01) | 22676 comments Mod
Now from the mind of a true master of suspense comes the next chapter in Bird Box. This time, Malorie is front and center, and she will confront the dangers of her world head-on.

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 3406 comments I put mine on hold on Libby, so fingers crossed!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 3406 comments There are 31 chapters, so I plan to come back every 10 or possibly after each of the 3 sections: The Jane Tucker School for the Blind; (C. 1-12.) The Blind Train (Ch. 13-24); Safer Rooms (Ch. 25-31). I'll see how the reading goes.

I'm on my way to watch my grandkids right now. So I might not get to post anything for awhile. Hopefully they'll both take a good nap. Lily is good about her naps but with Julian you never know...almost 8 months and teething. Wish me luck. lol

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 3406 comments Chapters 1-12: The Jane Tucker School for the Blind

Malorie (view spoiler)

Tom and Olympia (view spoiler)

(view spoiler)

Jammin Jenny (jamminjenny) | 3382 comments Okay I am starting this book now and hope to have it finished before Halloween is over on the west coast!

25% It's weird hearing Olivia and Tom as teenagers - I keep seeing them as kids (being cared for by Sandra Bullock).

(view spoiler)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 3406 comments I saw the movie but I didn't even remember who played the mother, but I also keep thinking of them as kids.

I hope Malorie's (view spoiler)

Jammin Jenny (jamminjenny) | 3382 comments I know (view spoiler)

Jammin Jenny (jamminjenny) | 3382 comments 55%

Malorie (view spoiler)

Tom (view spoiler)

Olivia (view spoiler)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 3406 comments I've been updating challenges so I'll come back and post before midnight. lol

message 10: by Vicki (last edited Oct 31, 2020 10:53PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 3406 comments Chapters 13-24 - The Blind Train

That good really good towards the end of the section.

Malorie (view spoiler)

Tom (view spoiler)

Olivia (view spoiler)

Dean (view spoiler)

Trisha | 3248 comments sorry guys, spent the evening with family after our hike. I've been reading but not far enough to post yet! I'll post tomorrow :) but I'm really liking it!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 3406 comments No worries! I’m glad you like it. I did too!

Jammin Jenny (jamminjenny) | 3382 comments Yes it was awesome! I'll post my last two sections today.

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 3406 comments I was adding way too many books last night for two challenges and never did get them all done. Some didn't fit either. I wish I had waited until today to finish this one so I could count it for new challenges but I had to get it in for TURF. lol

Finished

Malorie (view spoiler)

Olivia (view spoiler)

Tom (view spoiler)

It seemed to me like Malorie (view spoiler)

Jammin Jenny (jamminjenny) | 3382 comments I really enjoyed the story - I gave it 4 stars as well.

I really enjoyed this sequel to Bird Box. It was strange at first listening to the kids Olivia and Tom as teenagers and not young children. I thought Olivia was awesome, and loved her genetic ability we discover in this book. I also felt for Tom because he didn't want to continue to live in fear like his mother. I felt bad for Malorie for everything she had been through, and understood where she was coming from. I was glad she was able to come around near the end of the book.