Self Published Fantasy Month discussion

The Thief Who Pulled on Trouble's Braids (Amra Thetys, #1)
Read-Along – Week 4 (Ch. 26–Fin) > Overall Thoughts & What Fate Lies In The Future?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Justine (new) - added it

Justine (its_justine) Oh, that nasty little bloodwitch. Let's paraphrase, shall we? "You think it's over, but it has only begun." Gahhh! We've closed one chapter, and another awaits!

I want to hear what you thought of the book! I originally read this one last year, and I loved it to pieces, immediately buying the rest of the series. When Jason, Beth, Calvin and I discussed a read-along for Self-Published Fantasy Month, this one immediately came to mind – short, fast-paced, entertaining, mysterious...just a perfect bite-sized book to show off what the self-pub community of authors has to offer. And one I guarantee tons of people have on their TBR, and haven't gotten around to yet. I really hope you enjoyed it!

Do you think you'll be continuing with the rest of the books?

message 2: by Jason (new) - added it

Jason Aycock | 20 comments Mod
First let me say how happy I am we chose this book for the read-along. Yes Justine this was a great choice. And I totally see how it won the first SPFBO competition. Even more amazing how good it is, and had to be to win when you consider how short of a book it is. McCLung did a fantastic job crafting this story. This was such a great example of how good self-published fantasy can be and a great book to rec to others who may not want to dive into something longer but are looking for something to hook them into reading indie books.

I can't wait to read the rest of the series. I really enjoyed these characters and this world. There is "magic" here and I really look forward to where the story goes.

Stephen Richter (stephenofllongbeach) | 4 comments This book has been on my phone for a while. Glad to finally have a reason to read it. Love the main two characters, which moved the rest of the series higher on the priority list. Loved the The Maltese Falcon vibe. There are a lot of nice touches, and a couple of plot twists I did not see coming.

Beth Tabler (scottveg3) | 9 comments Mod
I loved this book so much. I thought it was brilliantly written, concise, witty, and fun. As far as the future books, I am looking forward to more duo hijinks from the two of them. Now that they are a team, I am thinking nothing can stop them