Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > This Be The Verse

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chris (new)

Chris | 12 comments HI - looking for a Beta Reader for a completed, redrafted 70k contemporary literary novel dealing with the relationship between a father and son. All comments, good or bad, gratefully recieved. Any takers?

message 2: by sana (new)

sana (sanaaaaaa) Hi, that sounds interesting. Can you tell me a little more about your novel?

message 3: by Chris (new)

Chris | 12 comments Hi,
This Be The Verse, a dual-voiced narrative of 75,000 words. The story is set in the 2000s and recounts the efforts of Edgar, an aged B&B owner in declining health, to come to terms with the tragic events of his life.

The book opens with James receiving a rare call from Edgar, his father, in which he is told his father is dying and needs his help. Reluctantly, James agrees and travels down to Hope House, the B&B in Somerset where he grew up and that his father still runs. Their dysfunctional relationship is apparent from the start but the reasons are not. It slowly becomes clear that Edgar has a dark and guilty secret - one that has eaten away at him since James was a small boy. As James and Edgar begin to get to know each other again, they start to rediscover some of the warmth their relationship had during James’ early childhood but both are aware each is harbouring dark, shameful secrets that could destroy their relationship for ever.

Guess that is it in a nutshell - what do you think?
Cheers
Chris

message 4: by sana (new)

sana (sanaaaaaa) It sounds like something I would definitely read, send it over to SNat9221@gmail.com

I'm currently pursuing a Creative Writing degree so I'm not a professional by any means, but I would be happy to provide any sort of feedback that you may be looking for.

message 5: by Chris (new)

Chris | 12 comments Thanks