The Perks Of Being A Book Addict discussion

The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air, #1)
This topic is about The Cruel Prince
ARCHIVE - Buddy Reads 2020 > "The folk of the Air" #1 - The Cruel Prince

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Nusha | 12 comments This thread is for the buddy read of The Cruel Prince by Holly Black.

We will begin reading September 28th, but jump in whenever.

Please remember to use spoiler alerts/tags to not ruin the fun for others. :-)

rose - 忻怡 - (_imperfection) Hi guys! I'm so excited to start and I'll probably do so tmr seeing that I'm really going crazy with the amount of work from school today sorry :(

Nusha | 12 comments no problem Rose, we can all go at our own pace. :-)

I read a couple of chapters today. the first chapter dragged a bit. it was difficult to follow what was happening at the start. but as I got more familiar with the writer's style, and the fey world, it was a breeze after that. I am already hooked up as I move to the second chapter. I had to force myself to stop Reding just so that I could get some of the day's work done. Planning to reading continue tonight.

Ananya | 76 comments I read the first 10 chapters. To be honest, it's still a little confusing.

Nusha | 12 comments wow Ananya, you are a fast reader :-D. I was able to read a few more chapters throughout the day. I don't know if I love it yet, but I surely can't stop reading it. I get what you mean by it being confusing. Some of the words that are specific to the faerie world don't make much sense at the start. I wish it were explained it much more detail..(never had this issue with one of my favourite fantasy series - Harry Potter). That being said, I do think it is an easy read. I am planning to finish 10 chapters tonight.

Ananya | 76 comments Yes, this book is unputdownable! I just can't wait to read and find out more.
I still don't know if I'm liking it or not. Some parts are written very well and some of it seems sloppy.
Nusha I don't have much on my plate right now. My college is still closed (less college work) and there isn't much to do, so what better way than to read a book!

rose - 忻怡 - (_imperfection) I've went through the first few chapters and honestly it was quite a drag. I hope the book will pick up later and yes I agree with you, Ananya, the story is a bit confusing but after getting used to it, it's kinda okay, not the best books that had me hooked from the beginning but definitely interesting enough to keep me going on.

Nusha | 12 comments so I finished the book. I was up so late last night that I am not able focus on anything today.. :-0
Anyways, I don't want to drop any spoilers right now because I don't know how far along you both are, but I loved the plot. I am not sure if I love the writing, it was difficult to follow sometimes, but I just kept on reading and it all made sense in the end. I also loved the ending, though it was slightly predictable.

Nusha | 12 comments Hi Ananya and Rose, how far along are you both?

Ananya | 76 comments I finished part 1(till chapter 20). Planning to complete it tonight.

rose - 忻怡 - (_imperfection) I'm trying my best to finish it, y'all can discuss it first if you want tbh, I'm rather busy but I'll try to join in!

Ananya | 76 comments Part 1 turned out to be great (not outstanding but still very much enjoyable)
Rose we can discuss after you've finished. :)
I'm thinking about starting part 2 tonight. What about you Nusha?

Nusha | 12 comments i think I willl start the second book on Sunday. I have heard that it is better than the first and Jade's character has matured nicely, so can't wait. (view spoiler)

rose - 忻怡 - (_imperfection) I promise I'll join in asap. I'm currently very busy preparing for a competition and it's been a few embarrassing days for me, promoting my video to everyone I know lol. So umm maybe I'll be a bit slow with the reading.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Cruel Prince (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Holly Black (other topics)