What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA scary story collection with one having spiders invading a house/car

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marie (new)

Marie | 1 comments I read a book 2 times from the library and have forgotten the name and author. I think it was published around 2000-2010. The book had around 8 scary stories in it and the only one I remember had a family going to a new house/cabin, and sooner or later theres a bunch of spiderwebs and there was giant spiders. I believe there was also spider webs in the car when they tried to leave? The protagonist was a male teen. I think the book was around the first or last quarter of last names on the library book shelves. It was all fiction and I think the cover was soft cover. the last time I read it was around a year ago, but the library redesigned the teen bookshelves since then cause of covid (I only knew the general area where it was on the bookshelf) the first time I read it might have been around 5-6 years ago

message 2: by Kris (last edited Oct 04, 2020 02:29PM) (new)

Kris | 35392 comments Mod
Haunted Houses by Robert D. San Souci? There are different cover images.

Search using WorldCat.org:
https://www.worldcat.org/advancedsear...
Keyword: spiders | Subject: horror short stories | 1970-2015 ? | Juvenile | Fiction | Book | English

Marie, what do these short stories have in common? Is the genre horror? Single or multiple authors? Cover art?

message 3: by James (new)

James | 11 comments The Ash-tree by M.R. James is about a family that is accosted by giant spiders. It's old though (1904) but tends to get republished in anthologies.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Haunted Houses (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Robert D. San Souci (other topics)