Crime, Mysteries & Thrillers discussion

The Eighth Detective
This topic is about The Eighth Detective
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive - General > GIVEAWAY: The Eighth Detective by Alex Pavesi

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gem , Moderator & Admin (new)

Gem  Paullin | 1293 comments Mod
Hello fellow Crime, Mystery & Thriller readers,

The publisher, Henry Holt, has kindly offered to send our members a copy of The Eighth Detective by Alex Pavesi in either digital or physical copies.

note: The publisher can not mail physical copies outside of the United States.

Here is a bit about the book:

There are rules for murder mysteries. There must be a victim. A suspect. A detective. Grant McAllister, a professor of mathematics, once sat down and worked all the rules out – and wrote seven perfect detective stories to demonstrate. But that was thirty years ago. Now Grant lives in seclusion on a remote Mediterranean island, counting the rest of his days. Until Julia Hart, a brilliant, ambitious editor knocks on his door. Julia wishes to republish his book, and together they must revisit those old stories: an author hiding from his past and an editor keen to understand it. But there are things in the stories that don’t add up. Inconsistencies left by Grant that a sharp-eyed editor begins to suspect are more than mistakes. They may be clues, and Julia finds herself with a mystery of her own to solve.

Spoilers:
If you have already read this book, please DO NOT use this discussion to talk about the book.

Once the shipments have gone out and members have received their books, I'll open a discussion where we can talk about this it.

If you'd like to participate, message me with your email (for digital copies) or mailing address (for physical copies in the United States only) and I will forward them to the publisher. I need to have your contact information by 8am Monday, October 5 in order to forward the information to the publisher.

message 2: by Carol (new)

Carol (countesscarola) | 31 comments I would love a copy

message 3: by Gem , Moderator & Admin (new)

Carol wrote: "I would love a copy"

Carol please send me a message with your email or physical address.

message 4: by Gem , Moderator & Admin (new)

Folks, I will not be monitoring this discussion, please message me directly with your information.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.
unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Eighth Detective (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Alex Pavesi (other topics)