New Adult Book Club discussion

Gail Haris
This topic is about Gail Haris
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Author Q+A's > Gail Haris Q&A

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kat J (new)

Kat J (katjphoenix) | 378 comments

Another week, another author taking the hot seat. We have Gail Haris ready to take all your questions this week.

Gail is the author of books such as Arrogant Arrival, Ashes, Worth a Shot and many more.

Leave your questions for Gail below now!

message 2: by Gail (new)

Gail Haris | 10 comments Thank you for having me!! I'm so excited to be here!!

message 3: by Antonella (new)

Antonella | 237 comments Hello...
What inspires you to write? Are you a pantser or ploter?
Is there a genre that you love to read but would never write in?

message 4: by Elle P. (new)

Elle P. Golden | 186 comments hello!
Is there any kind of scene you feel uncomfortable writing about? if so, what kind?

message 5: by Gail (new)

Gail Haris | 10 comments Antonella wrote: "Hello...
What inspires you to write? Are you a pantser or ploter?
Is there a genre that you love to read but would never write in?"

Hello Antonella!!
I've always loved coming up with stories. Even when I was little with my figurines and dolls, I would spend hours with 'their' stories.

Now it's still kind of the same - still making up new characters and their stories.

I'm a HUGE pantser! I have no idea where the story is going, or how it's going to end.

I absolutely LOVE to read fantasy. I love paranormal fantasy, but I'm not for sure I could write it. I would love to try, and maybe some day I will. Right now, I'm not sure I can. I also love historical romance. I doubt I'll ever write historical, but I love to read it. But I don't want to say never. ;)

Thank you so much for the questions!!

message 6: by Gail (new)

Gail Haris | 10 comments MiDouradoP wrote: "hello!
Is there any kind of scene you feel uncomfortable writing about? if so, what kind?"

Hello MiDouradoP,
Hhhmm so far I haven't come across a scene that I was too uncomfortable to write. I'm sure one will come up. Right now I'm open to trying to tackle anything, as long as it flows naturally into the story and that's how my characters play out. I don't plot my stories, so if whatever scene plays out then that's what I'll try my best to transfer on to paper.

Thank you so much for the question!

message 7: by J. (new)

J. (leaj) | 275 comments Hi!
If you could be any book character for a day, who would you choose and why?

message 8: by Nicola (new)

Nicola (nikki-lou) | 2115 comments Have any of the characters in any of your books been based on anyone you know in real life. Even around them or loosely like stealing personality traits from certain people you know and mixing them to create a character? or is it soley your imagination ?

message 9: by Gail (new)

Gail Haris | 10 comments J. wrote: "Hi!
If you could be any book character for a day, who would you choose and why?"

Hello J!
If I could be any character for a day?? Oh there's so many! lol. Claire Fraser from Outlander! Beth Randall from Dark Lover would be pretty awesome too! I don't know! There's so many! Mainly for their male partners *wink* and their both strong women! Plus - one time travels and the other one is a vampire! How awesome?!

From my own characters - Victoria Angel in Worth a Shot! I loved her spunk and she was so fun to write!

Thank you for the question!

message 10: by Gail (new)

Gail Haris | 10 comments Nicola wrote: "Have any of the characters in any of your books been based on anyone you know in real life. Even around them or loosely like stealing personality traits from certain people you know and mixing them..."

Hello Nicola!!

Yes! I have taken a few traits from people I know, but more than their traits, I've taken real life situations. But most characters and situations have been completely from my imagination!

In Who Is Sarah Randall :
A woman that delivered a pizza one night inspired Cindy. I was going through postpartum and kind of crazy at the moment. But the situation sparked The Randall series.

I really did know a couple that thought they were cousins at first, but found out they weren't. That inspired Sarah and Noah's relationship.

In my upcoming release Arrogant Arrival - there's two scenes that are based on experiences family members had in Greece.

Thank you so much for the question!

message 11: by Lena (new)

Lena (mrs_right) Hello! It's so exciting to have you here and to be able to actually talk to you in a way!
I'd like to ask if you are a reader yourself and if so, who is your favorite author and why :) do your favorite books differ much from your own work? :)

message 12: by Gail (new)

Gail Haris | 10 comments Lena wrote: "Hello! It's so exciting to have you here and to be able to actually talk to you in a way!
I'd like to ask if you are a reader yourself and if so, who is your favorite author and why :) do your fav..."

Hello Lena!!!
It's great to be here! I'm so excited!! I am a huge reader!!! One of my favorite authors is J.R. Ward. I love her words and world building!!!

Her books are VERY different from my own. Her Black Dagger Brotherhood series are paranormal, vampires, and a whole incredible world she's created. There's usually multiple stories happening - where as my books tend to focus on one couple.

She's amazing! If you haven't read JR Ward , I highly recommend her series.

Thank you so much for the question!!! I love talking about books and my favorite authors!

message 13: by Irma (new)

Irma *Irma The Book Whisperer* | 325 comments Which character of yours spoke to you the most?

message 14: by Megan (new)

Megan Allen | 20 comments Your favorite season?

message 15: by Gail (new)

Gail Haris | 10 comments Irma wrote: "Which character of yours spoke to you the most?"
Hello Irma!!!

Sarah Randall spoke to me the most!! Originally the book was going to be told from Cindy's point of view! But Sarah came in full force. She really took over and so Cindy's part turned into being journal entries.

Thank you so much for the question!!

message 16: by Gail (new)

Gail Haris | 10 comments Megan wrote: "Your favorite season?"

Hello Megan!!!

My favorite season is hands down fall!!! I LOVE the fall! The leaves change colors and I love the cooler weather. A close second is winter! I love LOVE the entire month of December.

Thank you so much!!!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.