What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Adult Horror, Possession novel, early 80s or earlier. Demons make kid swim in blood and vomit. Spoilers ahead.

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zager (new)

Zager | 7 comments the book was a possession story about a teenage kid slowly being turned into a demon’s thrall while his parents and siblings were oblivious until it was too late. i think the family was all gathered for thanksgiving or something.

the demon’s name was always in all caps (like “NAME said (x)”) and it was ordering the kid to murder his family. it would attack him at school and appeared like a shining light or an aura/silhouette. the demon had a specific title like the duchess, grand duke of hell or something, and it had other demons under its command.

(TW: SEXUAL ASSAULT)

i believe there was a rape scene near the middle of the novel, possibly between two of the other family members. a little after that there was an extremely horrific scene where the demon basically forced the main character to sexually assault himself (via possession body control) while having him swim in a pool of blood, vomit, and feces that was secretly behind his family’s house. the other demons were involved and were attacking and tearing at his body and genitals. the rest of the family may have been watching this somehow??

i think in the end the kid gave in and ended up killing most his family (stabbing & shooting them).

[on hiatus] The rockabilly werewolf from Mars | 1527 comments Do you remember anything about the cover?

message 3: by Zager (new)

Zager | 7 comments Unfortunately not

message 4: by Zager (new)

Zager | 7 comments It may have had a face on it?

message 5: by Zager (new)

Zager | 7 comments after wracking my brain im almost certain the demon was called Soma

message 6: by [on hiatus] The rockabilly werewolf from Mars (last edited Dec 10, 2021 01:51PM) (new)

[on hiatus] The rockabilly werewolf from Mars | 1527 comments Such Nice People has a teen-ager who believes that a being called SOLA is commanding him to murder his family, but in that one it's all in his head rather than a literal demon.

[on hiatus] The rockabilly werewolf from Mars | 1527 comments I looked through my copy of it, and Such Nice People is definitely your book. The scene in question happens in chapter 2 of the section titled Saturday, December 21st, if anyone else has a copy and wants to check.

message 8: by SamSpayedPI (new)

SamSpayedPI | 2071 comments Such Nice People (Rockabilly's suggestion) is available at the Internet Archive:

https://archive.org/details/suchnicep...

You need to be a member to borrow books, but membership is free; you only need to give them an email address.