Play Book Tag discussion

Dark Matter
This topic is about Dark Matter
September 2020: Psychological > [Poll Ballot] Dark Matter by Blake Crouch 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue | 1235 comments One concept of quantum physics is the idea of the multiverse. Multiple simultaneous universes where anything that "could" have happened, did happen. Each universe splits off whenever we make a choice - and the alternate choice exists in the alternate universe.

This book explodes that concept. Jason Dessen is a physics instructor at a small, insignificant college in Chicago. His wife Daniela is a former artist, now part time art teacher. And they have a teenaged son. They haven't set the world on fire, but they are content with their lives.

After being mugged one random night, Jason wakes up in an alternate universe. In this "other" universe, Jason and Daniela have much more significant achievements, and are wildly successful in their fields. Every detail of his life is different and somehow wrong.

Jason spends the rest of the book in a physics-inspired nightmare/thriller. I loved the action and the character development and especially loved the ending.

Jenni Elyse (jenni_elyse) | 1386 comments I really liked this one too.

message 3: by Meli (new)

Meli (melihooker) | 3450 comments I recently picked this up at my library book sale, woo hoo!