What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Children's Picture book. No matter how old you are, you're still the same age as you were when you were little. Spoilers ahead.

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maidoua (new)

Maidoua | 3 comments This is actually a children picture book that my teacher read to my class when I was in 5th grade; this was probably 8-9 years ago.

I can't remember much, but I remember it starting off with a little boy getting up from bed and saying that today he's 11 years old (it might be 11, but I'm also not sure). He then proceeds to talk about how even though he's 11 now, he's still feels the same as when he was 10 and still acts like he's 9. I remember him giving one example where he talked about his mom and said that although she's old, sometimes she still cries like she's 5 (again, I'm not 100% sure about the ages but I'm using it as an example.). The overall story of the book is about how no matter how old someone is, they can still act or be like their previous ages.

I've been trying to look for this book so that I can read it to my little sisters. If anyone has any ideas on what this book is, please let me know!

message 3: by Maidoua (new)

Maidoua | 3 comments Rainbowheart wrote: "Eleven?"
can you perhaps give me the name of the author?

message 4: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19597 comments Sandra Cisneros. It's a short story, though.

message 5: by Maidoua (new)

Maidoua | 3 comments Rainbowheart wrote: "Sandra Cisneros. It's a short story, though."

The theme is really similar but that's not it. It was a children picture book.

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35362 comments Mod
Maidoua, that's a good start. We need much more information in the header/topic title (e.g., genre, plot, main characters). Many members only read the headers. We have thousands of book requests.

Copy plot details from your message #1 to the header. (I added the genre.) Click the small "edit" link after the header. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app. (On the Mobile website, there's a "Desktop version" link at the bottom of the page.)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Eleven (other topics)