What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Virgin of Small Plains
This topic is about The Virgin of Small Plains
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Adult Fiction/Mystery, early 2000s - Boyfriend leaves town suddenly, returns years later, turns out he was hiding details of the death of a young woman associated with his family who died in childbirth. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Kapanzhi | 3 comments Please help me find this book. I read it in/around 2009 and it had a modern cover style at that time so I believe it was either new or published within 5-7 years previously. Spoilers ahead!
What I think I remember: main character is named Grace or Gracie
What I do remember: Grace’s high school boyfriend left town suddenly with no warning and she has not spoken to him since. Fast forward several years and he returns just as suddenly, where she finds it awkward and painful to speak to him. It is slowly revealed that the reason he left years ago is that a young woman who was working in his house (his family was wealthy), became pregnant and it was decided that she would remain secluded at his house until giving birth. His parents intended to adopt the baby and raise it. She gives birth but due to lack of care, dies immediately afterward. The boyfriend’s father is also involved.
Another important plot point: Grace has large birds as pets, specifically one conure who would tolerate only her and the boyfriend.
That’s all I have! Please help.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35392 comments Mod
Kelly, that's a good start. We need more information in the header/topic title (e.g., plot, main characters). Many members only read the headers. We have thousands of book requests, so threads with vague headers are closed.

Copy more plot details from your message #1 to the header. Click the small "edit" link after the header. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app. (On the Mobile website, there's a "Desktop version" link at the bottom of the page.)

- Would you this a romance suspense and mystery as well?

message 3: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Kapanzhi | 3 comments I fixed the header. I believe the main character ends up back together with the boyfriend by the end of the book, but I don’t recall any steamy scenes. The focus was more on the issue with the pregnant girl, what really happened, ‘whodunit’, and how all that comes to light in the present day.

message 4: by Kris (new)

Thanks for updating the header. This will help searchers and moderators.

message 5: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Kapanzhi | 3 comments After much mining on the internet, I have discovered the title. It’s The Virgin of Small Plains.

message 6: by Kris (new)

Glad you found your book, Kelly. Here's the link - The Virgin of Small Plains by Nancy Pickard.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Virgin of Small Plains (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Nancy Pickard (other topics)