2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2020 > Valerie's 30 in 2020

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Valerie (new)

Valerie | 49 comments Daisy Jones & The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid

Read from Jan 4-Jan 17

I loved the format of this book and how it simulated an interview. I liked how it went back and forth from the past to present and how it made me feel invested in each character

5 stars

message 2: by Valerie (last edited Sep 26, 2020 05:39PM) (new)

Valerie | 49 comments Nine Perfect Strangers by Liane Moriarty

Read from Dec 23, 2019- Feb 1, 2020

I think it took me a while because i got it as an audiobook and only listened to it during my commute to and from work. I liked that it introduced the reader to a variety of different characters

5 stars

message 3: by Valerie (new)

Valerie | 49 comments My Sister, the Serial Killer by Oyinkan Braithwaite

Read from Feb 2-Feb 6

I kept seeing this book pop up in my recommended book section, so I was really excited to see it as available in Libby. It was a quick listen (another audiobook) and a good story.

4 stars

message 4: by Valerie (last edited Sep 26, 2020 05:47PM) (new)

Valerie | 49 comments Will My Cat Eat My Eyeballs? Big Questions from Tiny Mortals About Death by Caitlin Doughty

Read from March 14-March 18

I know it's a really macabre subject but I absolutely love "Ask a Mortician". I've read her other book and just love how she approaches the topic of death.

5 stars

message 5: by Valerie (new)

Valerie | 49 comments Dear Girls Intimate Tales, Untold Secrets, & Advice for Living Your Best Life by Ali Wong

Read from March 3-March 21

Warning- do not read this if you don't like bad words!! She is really funny though :)

4 stars

message 6: by Valerie (new)

Valerie | 49 comments The Hypnotist's Love Story by Liane Moriarty

Read from March 21-April 6

An easy read for sure! It had some suspense to keep it interesting, but the story was not super original. I liked it for what it was, though.

4 stars

message 7: by Valerie (new)

Valerie | 49 comments Red Queen (The Chronicles of Alice, #2) by Christina Henry

Read from April 6-April 19

This is the follow-up to Alice. It's based on Alice in Wonderland, but it's definitely dark! I like these types of stories (ie Wicked) where it shows an alternate plot.

5 stars

message 8: by Valerie (new)

Valerie | 49 comments The 19th Wife by David Ebershoff

Read from April 26-May25

This has been on my to-read shelf since I joined goodreads! I was so excited to start....and then I was very disappointed. It was not at all what I expected.

3 stars

message 9: by Valerie (new)

Valerie | 49 comments The Dutch House by Ann Patchett

Read from May 7-June 12

I got this book on Libby and I had to return it and wait for it to be available again. I picked this book because it was all over Libby and I really liked the cover, but I had no idea what it was about. I would recommend this book to anyone!

4 stars

message 10: by Valerie (new)

Valerie | 49 comments The Tattooist of Auschwitz (The Tattooist of Auschwitz, #1) by Heather Morris

Read from June 15-June 24

Loved this book, but i tend to gravitate toward World War II era stories. I love that it's based on a true love story!

5 stars

message 11: by Valerie (new)

Valerie | 49 comments The 7½ Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton

Read Jan 17-Aug 1

Boy was this a hard book to start! I kept getting stuck on the first few chapters, putting it down, then restarting all over again! I finally decided to try the audiobook version and found it to be a really interesting story.

4 stars

message 12: by Valerie (new)

Valerie | 49 comments All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr

Read Aug 27-Sept17

This was another tough book to read, probably because I get caught up trying to pronounce all of the names correctly! I decided to switch to audiobook and found it much easier to follow! Such a great story!

5 stars

message 13: by Valerie (new)

message 14: by Valerie (new)

message 15: by Valerie (new)

message 16: by Valerie (new)

message 17: by Valerie (new)

message 18: by Valerie (new)

message 19: by Valerie (new)

message 20: by Valerie (new)

message 21: by Valerie (new)

message 22: by Valerie (new)

message 23: by Valerie (new)