Graphic Novel Reading Group discussion

General Discussions > National Comic Book Day (Sep 25th)

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trike (new)

Trike | 112 comments I gathered my graphic novel TBR for a photo for this year’s National Comic Book Day. (The ones I could find readily.) pretty sure I have another half-dozen in my office somewhere. I really need to get busy.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFkplcZBW...

Richard Kenneth Conde | 283 comments Mod
That would be a good buddy read. I have those old Alpha Flight in comic book form from the John Byrne days.

message 3: by Trike (new)

Trike | 112 comments Richard wrote: "That would be a good buddy read. I have those old Alpha Flight in comic book form from the John Byrne days."

The only comic I’ve ever gotten signed was one of my Alpha Flights. John Byrne only ever went to Mid-Ohio Comic Con (I don’t know if that’s still the case), and I lived about two hours away, so a bunch of my buddies and I went one year. We also got to meet Gahan Wilson, who drew a Phantom of the Opera cartoon for my friend.

Richard Kenneth Conde | 283 comments Mod
Trike wrote: "Richard wrote: "That would be a good buddy read. I have those old Alpha Flight in comic book form from the John Byrne days."

The only comic I’ve ever gotten signed was one of my Alpha Flights. Joh..."

What was Byrne like when you met him at the comic con ?

message 5: by Trike (new)

Trike | 112 comments On the quiet side. Even during the charity auction later he was pretty subdued.