MilSpouse Bookhouse discussion

Introduce Yourself!

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kayleigh (new)

Kayleigh Kopenhiemer (kayleighkope) | 6 comments Mod
Let's all get to know each other! Comment with your favorite author or book, a fun fact or two, and what you hope to get from our book club!

message 2: by Missy (new)

Missy D | 1 comments Hey there yall. My name is Melissa and I'm am trying to join and get some great reading suggestions going, and discussing points. I love romance and am especially hooked on Kresley Cole and her Immortals after dark series. Sadly she hasn't released a new book lately and I feel like I've lost my buddies lol.

message 3: by Desiree (new)

Desiree Kulewsky | 1 comments Hello, my name is Desiree! I am so excited to read some new books and hopefully get into more genres! Right now I love murder and mystery... Anything with a twist! Hope to broaden my bookshelf a bit 😂

message 4: by Regina (new)

Regina | 1 comments Hi! I'm Regina I don't particularly have a favorite, but I read a lot of fiction. I do love Liane Moriarty - a little mystery/suspense, but also some girly and fun in there too!
Just finished reading "Everything Inside" (short stories about Haiti) as Reese Witherspoon's book club pick, and listening to "The Red Hunter" (thriller) as part of my local book club!

message 5: by Isabella (new)

Isabella Hilliker | 1 comments Hi, i’m Bella! I mainly read mysteries, YA fiction, and a little horror/thriller. I LOVE John Green for teenage nostalgic reasons, but Barbra Taylor Sissel is my current favorite. I’m also a sucker for a period piece. I’ve read every Jane Austin book and I don’t think i’ll ever get tired of them. I’m excited to read new books, especially ones that i wouldn’t pick up on my own.

message 6: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (redzmo) | 2 comments Mod
Hey all! I’m Rebecca and as embarrassing as it is, I didn’t restart reading for fun until a few months ago when I started a quarantine book club with friends 😐 it held me accountable and forced me to read great books so that’s what I’m hoping to get out of this book club. I LOVE a good thriller/mystery and my most recent favorites are The Guest List, Sundown Motel, and Little Fires Everywhere

message 7: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 1 comments Hi everyone! I’m Danielle. Honestly, I have never been one to read a bunch of books, so I wouldn’t say that I even have a favorite book or author right now because I have lots of exploring to do! With this book club, I’m hoping to discover new books and authors and figure out what I really LOVE and also make friends at the same time!

message 8: by Kaley (new)

Kaley | 2 comments
Hey everyone, sorry I will probably be MIA for a hot minute. I get to see my fiancé for the next two weeks after not seeing him for a couple months. But I’m Kaley. I haven’t been able to read much lately but a few favorites are The Long Walk by Stephen King and I’m also reading the Game of Throne series though that’s a slow process.

I’m down to read anything and am willing to try new books, though I’m definitely bad at not finishing books if I lose interest. I really can’t wait to be introduced to a lot of different books and authors and hope to be able to get to know you lovely ladies as well.

message 9: by Heather (new)

Heather (wanderingviolet) | 1 comments Hi! Im Heather. Live in Ohio. Favorite book is Anna Karenina. Favorite author is Christopher Rice :) hoping to find some good reads. There are a few genres I dont care for so Ill slide in and out a bit. Nice to “meet” ya!

message 10: by Laura (new)

Laura Kathleen | 2 comments Hi! I'm Laura. My husband and I just pcs'd to Michigan. I don't know that I have a favorite author right now or a favorite book. Although I loved The Nightingale By Kristen Hannah. I've recently become a sucker for historical fiction and some more biographies (as long as they are done more as a story. I'm not into thrillers typically.

message 11: by Morgan (new)

Morgan Wuester | 2 comments Hello! I'm Morgan, I've always loved reading but during my college years I had to hold myself back from pleasure reading to focus on my classes, so once I graduated in 2019 I started reading again like crazy (and even more since I started working at a library). My favorite novel is Water for Elephants and my favorite series is the Mistborn series, I enjoy historical fiction and fantasy and I keep trying thrillers but haven't really enjoyed the ones I've read so far. I'm looking forward to this group!

message 12: by Cheyanne (new)

Cheyanne Fithen | 1 comments Hi! I’m Cheyanne and I love a dual narrative or anything historical fiction or set in the eras of the 1920s-1960s! My most recent favorite book is recipe for a good housewife by karma brown or anything written by John green!

message 13: by Natalie (new)

Natalie Moore | 1 comments Hi I’m Natalie! I enjoy reading anything and everything. I used to work at the library at the Air Force Academy but ever since I left I haven’t been able to read as much so I’m hoping this group helps!

message 14: by Annique (new)

Annique (hiyaneek) | 2 comments Hi my name is Annique, and reading is something I love to do. I love mystery/thriller and decided I want to read more historical fiction books after reading The two family house by Lynda Cohen Loigman. I hope to read more books on different genres and expand my reading list.

message 15: by Shanela (new)

Shanela (darksparks) Ellos, my name is Shanela. I currently don’t have any favorite books but have recently enjoyed Before We Were Yours and Little Fires Everywhere. As a young teen I used to spend my summers in a library and I couldn’t be happier. I grew fond of YA books and at 21, i have yet to leave them behind. I hope that this group will help me branch out into different genres and expose me to new kinds of books.

message 16: by Kayleigh (new)

Kayleigh Kopenhiemer (kayleighkope) | 6 comments Mod
Hello!!
My name is Kayleigh and I started this book club with the fabulous help of Rebecca! I have always loved reading but when I joined the Air Force I stopped reading for pleasure. I started up again with a book subscription box and I can't put books down now. If you haven't seen it, I recommend Bookstores by Max Joseph on YouTube. My favorite author is Stephen King by my forever favorite book is The Book Theif by Markus Zusak!

message 17: by Caralissa (new)

Caralissa Ho | 1 comments Hi Everyone!

I do not have a specific favorite book, but I Iove all books by Neil Gaiman! Of his books, Neverwhere, Ocean at the End of the Lane, and Stardust are all 3 books that I could read over and over again. I guess my genre of choice would be Fantasy, but I also love mystery/horror.
I honestly do not get to read as much as I would like to, so I hope that this will keep me motivated to read!

P.S. I had a Book of the Month subscription for a long time (highly recommend) so I have shelves full of books that I have yet to read! lol

message 18: by Seighmy (new)

Seighmy Hi! My name is Sara and I like to read fiction, historical fiction, mysteries...lots of different things. My bookshelves are full! I love a good convo about books and I always want suggestions.

message 19: by Robin (new)

Robin Hill | 1 comments Hi I am Robin! I am always looking for book recommendations. Catherine Coulter was my favorite for a while but now that I have started reading other authors I don’t really have a favorite author. My favorite book is Anxious People by Fredrik Backman. My favorite types of books to read are suspense/mystery.