What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Nightmare
This topic is about Nightmare
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Teen Mystery book about teen who hits man with car after he falls from an overpass. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marley (last edited Sep 26, 2020 08:08PM) (new) - added it

Marley | 2 comments Willo Davis Roberts I first encountered this book in 7th grade, so it definitely fell under the "Teen mystery" genre. I read this book in 2017, but the book was published years prior. I remember the cover and book itself looking fairly "old". Unfortunately I cannot remember the cover art.

In this book, a high school student is driving at night, and as he drives under an overpass, a man falls from the overpass and hits his car. Of course, the student has a hard time dealing with what just happened. One minor detail I can remember is that the boy goes back to the overpass and notices a lot of cigarette buds. Anyway, to take his mind away from the tragedy, he takes a few days off of school and takes his moms RV on a trip somewhere far to meet his brother. While on this journey, he keeps noticing a red Thunder-Bird car following him. At some point in the story, I believe a blue car begins to follow him as well, unfortunately I can't remember the type of car. The men following him isn't revealed until the end, when the student finally makes it to his brothers house. I have a vague memory of when the boy gets to his destination he's trying to quickly escape/run from the man in the thunderbird. At the end of the book it is revealed why the men were following him, and it does have something to do with the man from the overpass.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

message 3: by Marley (new) - added it

Marley | 2 comments I have been searching for this book for 5 years and you helped me in less than 2 days. Thank you so much! You made my day!!

message 4: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19675 comments Awesome, glad to help out!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Nightmare (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Willo Davis Roberts (other topics)