Challenge: 50 Books discussion

Finish Line 2020 > Alison's 2020 books.

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alison (new)

Alison G. (agriff22) | 540 comments OK... so I've been nonexistant for a year or so. I got out of the reading mood and really should have started again when Corona hit but I didnt. But I just finished the first book for me this year. Hopefully that will jumpstart me. Since I took a break and was out of the reading mood for basically a year, this book took me a year aand a half or so to read. But it's done

1. The Witches by Stacy Schiff- she did a great job with researching the history of the Salem Witch Trials. That's what the book was about. I was impressed. The middle of the book got pretty boring for me though. That's when I took the long break. And then the last 75 pages were good again. 4stars

message 2: by Alison (new)

Alison G. (agriff22) | 540 comments Next up: The Book of Mormon (I think)

message 3: by Susan (new)

Susan (chlokara) | 846 comments Welcome back. Strangely, since the Corona virus, and having more time on my hands, I have read less than usual. Don't know why.

message 4: by Tiffany, Administrator (new)

Tiffany | 1858 comments Mod
Alison wrote: "OK... so I've been nonexistant for a year or so. I got out of the reading mood and really should have started again when Corona hit but I didnt. But I just finished the first book for me this year...."

Welcome back, Alison, and sorry I didn't see your post two months ago!

I kept thinking that sheltering-in-place at home was going to let me make so much progress on my to-read list, but instead, I found a ton of other things to take up my time, so I haven't been reading as much as I expected to, either!

message 5: by Carol (new)

Carol (carolvv) | 272 comments Susan wrote: "Welcome back. Strangely, since the Corona virus, and having more time on my hands, I have read less than usual. Don't know why."

I too found this to be the case.....