Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > Melodie's July & August 2020 Reads (such as they are...)

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3637 comments A total of 4 books for the 2 months. Oh, well...

The Unquiet Dead (Rachel Getty & Esa Khattak #1) by Ausma Zehanat Khan The Unquiet Dead by Ausma Zehanat Khan: Shomeret read this one some time ago and I picked up a copy on eBay back then. Came across it cleaning out a closet and decided to give it a shot. Good read and not one I would have found on my own! Grade: 8.5

The Night Trade (Livia Lone, #2) by Barry Eisler The Night Trade by Barry Eisler: 2nd Livia Lone and nowhere near as good as the first, IMHO. Grade: 6

The Last Curtain Call (Haunted Home Renovation Mystery #8) by Juliet Blackwell The Last Curtain Call by Juliet Blackwell: 8th in Haunted Home Renovation series. Just the ticket! Read it in 2 sittings...haven't done that in MONTHS! Grade: 9

The Finders (Mace Reid K-9 Mystery, #1) by Jeffrey B. Burton The Finders by Jeffrey B. Burton: 1st in Mace Reid K-9 series and a good start to the series. Mace specializes in human remains detection and his dog, Vira, is an extremely good detector. Grade: 8.5

message 2: by Shomeret (new)

Shomeret | 1382 comments I'm glad you liked The Unquiet Dead, Melodie.

message 3: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8120 comments Not up to your usual totals, Mel! What's going on?

Glad you found a couple of keepers, at least.

message 4: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14700 comments Melodie: at least you had some truly enjoyable books of the four!
I was in a terrible slump earlier this summer and finally seem to be pulling out of it. It can be hard to focus on books with all that is going on in the world.
I wondered if The Last Curtain Call was telegraphing the end of the series, but realize it is about a theater. Glad to know it's a good one to look forward to.

Melodie wrote: "A total of 4 books for the 2 months. Oh, well..."

message 5: by Shomeret (new)

Shomeret | 1382 comments I probably won't have that many reads this month myself. More on that when I post them.

message 6: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3637 comments Carol/Bonadie wrote: "Not up to your usual totals, Mel! What's going on?

Glad you found a couple of keepers, at least."

Have had trouble concentrating on a book for the last few months. I know much of that has to do with what's going on in the world, so I try not to watch much news! I've been filling the time I usually would spend reading doing jigsaw puzzles.

message 7: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie | 451 comments Melodie wrote: "A total of 4 books for the 2 months. Oh, well...

The Unquiet Dead (Rachel Getty & Esa Khattak #1) by Ausma Zehanat KhanThe Unquiet Dead by Ausma Zehanat Khan: Shomeret read this one some time ago and I picked up a..."

Adding The Finder to my tbr shelf. Love dogs in stories.

message 8: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 1644 comments At least you had some good ones Melodie! I really enjoy Juliet Blackwell. I'm a little behind on that series.