Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Incorrect ISBN number

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mike (new)

Mike Mengel I have an edition of a book titled The Scarlet Ruse by John D. Macdonald. The book has the ISBN number (0690018878) on the inside cover and the jacket. Goodreads shows that this ISBN number is a compendium vol. titled The Scarlet Ruse and 2 other stories. The edition I have is the first hardback version of this book. I think the multi-edition version has an incorrect ISBN number. How does this get corrected.

message 2: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 25175 comments Isbns get re-used by publishers fairly frequently.

Worldcat, the catalogue added to by real life librarians, has that isbn for the Scarlet Ruse & 2 other stories. So it is correct. It is possibly a book club edition, and was first issued in 1964. And it states first hardbound edition 1973.

Your book may well have the same isbn, and in fact Worldcat lists it as the same isbn, but not your exact edition. Both books were published by the same publisher and the same date.

I'll add the isbn to your edition as an alternative, as they were published the same date.

message 3: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 25175 comments Also separated the works as they have different content.

message 4: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 25175 comments Combined with the other editions of The Scarlet Ruse and added a cover from Abebooks. If this isn't your cover, please advise.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/5...