2022 Reading Challenge discussion

Truly Madly Guilty
This topic is about Truly Madly Guilty
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
ARCHIVE 2020 > Truly Madly Guilty

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SarahKat, Buddy Reads (new) - rated it 4 stars

SarahKat | 3175 comments This thread is to discuss Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty.

Pages: 415 pages

Length: 1 Month (October)

Participants: Ruthie, Joan

Everyone reads at their own pace during a Buddy Read. Because participants can be at different parts of the book at different times, it is extremely important to mark spoilers so that the book is not ruined for someone who is not as far along as others!!!

Mark spoilers by placing {spoiler} before the text and {/spoiler} after the text but use the < and > instead of the { and }.

Happy Buddy Reading!

Eileen  | 190 comments Hi! :)
I'd like to join you on this reading. Just got my copy from the library and starting today 😊

Joan Barnett | 871 comments Eileen wrote: "Hi! :)
I'd like to join you on this reading. Just got my copy from the library and starting today 😊"

Please join! I actually just read the first chapter. I though since it was a little longer I'd get started on it. I'll probably finish it next weekend.

Eileen  | 190 comments I'm at chapter 16 :)
I'm just really curious to discover what happened at that BBQ ?! 😱😱😱
There's so much suspense built up by the author that the revelation has better to be good. I hope I won't be disappointed 😂

Joan Barnett | 871 comments Eileen wrote: "I'm at chapter 16 :)
I'm just really curious to discover what happened at that BBQ ?! 😱😱😱
There's so much suspense built up by the author that the revelation has better to be good. I hope I won't b..."

You're ahead of me. I've read the first three chapters and am a little confused. I'm hoping it will get cleared up soon. I usually enjoy her books but sometimes it takes me a bit to get through them. This one feels long to me but I'm hoping to complete this weekend while hubby is visiting his brother.

Joan Barnett | 871 comments I'm now just starting chapter 16. I'm more invested in the story now and wondering what happened at the barbecue.

(view spoiler)

Joan Barnett | 871 comments Well I've read the first 29 chapters and it is really keeping my attention more than I thought it would. The mystery of what happened is ramping up more and more. I feel like my original guess is wrong now.

I do enjoy her books. The only book of hers that I haven't really enjoyed so far is The Last Anniversary. I have read Nine Perfect Strangers or The Hypnotist's Love Story yet.

How is everyone else doing with the book so far?

Eileen  | 190 comments Hi ! I've finished the book last night :)
Here's what I think

(view spoiler)

Joan Barnett | 871 comments I'm 75% complete. I'm hoping to finish it tonight.

message 10: by Joan (new) - rated it 4 stars

Joan Barnett | 871 comments I finally finished it. Eileen I agree with you. I felt that the ending dragged.

(view spoiler)

I did end up rating it 4 stars but that was pretty much rounding up from a 3.5. It did have suspense for me for awhile.

Eileen  | 190 comments Thanks for sharing your thoughts Joan :D

I agree with you (view spoiler)

I also wanted to rate 3.5 stars, I wish Goodreads could add this feature!

Eileen  | 190 comments Thanks for sharing your thoughts Joan :D

I agree with you (view spoiler)

I also wanted to rate 3.5 stars, I wish Goodreads could add this feature!

Ruthie (ruthieram_reads) | 985 comments I haven't received the hold yet from my library. Will let y'all know when I do!

Ruthie (ruthieram_reads) | 985 comments Just started today. Man, Liane Moriarty knows how to write people so realistically! I read The Husband's Secret a couple months ago and its the same thing with this one, the descriptions of people and their thoughts are amazing

Ruthie (ruthieram_reads) | 985 comments y'all have already finished so I can't read your spoilers about the end. Here's my theory:

(view spoiler)

message 16: by Joan (new) - rated it 4 stars

Joan Barnett | 871 comments Ruthie wrote: "Just started today. Man, Liane Moriarty knows how to write people so realistically! I read The Husband's Secret a couple months ago and its the same thing with this one, the descriptions of people ..."

I agree about how she depicts people and their thoughts. I'm actually starting The Hypnotist's Love Story. It seems like it will be good as well. I think I'll just need to read Nine Perfect Strangers and I'll be all caught up on her books.

Ruthie (ruthieram_reads) | 985 comments Joan wrote: "Ruthie wrote: "Just started today. Man, Liane Moriarty knows how to write people so realistically! I read The Husband's Secret a couple months ago and its the same thing with this one, the descript..."

Awesome! Added those to my TBR

Also, finally found out what happened at the BBQ and I'm glad my theory was wrong but man, what actually happened is so rough and sad

(view spoiler)

Ruthie (ruthieram_reads) | 985 comments I finished it!

Ruthie (ruthieram_reads) | 985 comments (view spoiler)

message 20: by Joan (new) - rated it 4 stars

Joan Barnett | 871 comments Ruthie - I think my favorite is What Alice Forgot. Also I really liked Big Little Lies

I kinda started The Hypnotist's Love Story but I just haven't been in the reading mood lately. It started off pretty good though. I just have to get my reading mojo back!!

Ruthie (ruthieram_reads) | 985 comments Thanks for sharing Joan! I've seen the Big Little Lies show and liked it so I am interested to read the book. I'll have to check out What Alice Forgot too!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.