2022 Reading Challenge discussion

A Gentleman in Moscow
This topic is about A Gentleman in Moscow
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
ARCHIVE 2020 > A Gentleman in Moscow

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SarahKat, Buddy Reads (new) - added it

SarahKat | 3167 comments This thread is to discuss A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles.

Pages: 462 pages

Length: 1 Month (October)

Participants: Irma, Alekhya, Dara

Everyone reads at their own pace during a Buddy Read. Because participants can be at different parts of the book at different times, it is extremely important to mark spoilers so that the book is not ruined for someone who is not as far along as others!!!

Mark spoilers by placing {spoiler} before the text and {/spoiler} after the text but use the < and > instead of the { and }.

Happy Buddy Reading!

message 2: by Dara (new)

Dara S | 5 comments I've been wanting to read this book for awhile now! Im so excited to start reading it with you Irma and Alekhya!!

Lynn (book_music_lvr) | 1871 comments I read this in August and adored it! Enjoy!

message 4: by Irma (new) - added it

Irma Alam (irmaalam) | 145 comments Can't wait to start reading this

Tara (ptaradactyl816) | 256 comments I LOVE this book. I hope you do as well :)

Alekhya Suma | 81 comments Equally excited to be here Dara!!!

Nusha | 30 comments I couldn't give my name to buddy read this book in time, as I Just discovered Goodreads and this amazing group. But I would also like to participate. I am so excited to have finally acquired my copy. can't wait to start :-)

message 8: by Dara (new)

Dara S | 5 comments So I got a head start on the book and if I’m being honest, the style of writing is not what I’m typically used to. But I’m about 80some pages in and I’m a fan of the protagonist. There are a lot of ideas in the book that made me double back to reread them and think. I am intrigued!

Eternally Bonkers (Shilpa) (eternally_bonkers) | 25 comments I read few pages and stopped. Guess its time to pick the book again :D!

message 10: by Serena (new) - added it

Serena | 24 comments Interested in joining! It's still on hold at my library but says available soon. I used to be obsessed with Russia in high school because it was the Academic Decathlon theme my senior year (I know, proud nerd). Dr. Zhivago is still one of my favorite books of all time.

Happy to revisit a Russian setting.

Alekhya Suma | 81 comments Hi everyone. Whatever happened to this buddy read!?
I, myself took up too much reading this month.

I'll be starting the book today and will hopefully finish by the end of the month.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.
unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

A Gentleman in Moscow (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Amor Towles (other topics)