2022 Reading Challenge discussion

The 7 1/2 Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
ARCHIVE 2020 > The 7 1/2 Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SarahKat, Buddy Reads (new) - rated it 4 stars

SarahKat | 3175 comments This thread is to discuss The 7 1/2 Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton.

Pages: 432 pages

Length: 1 Month (October)

Participants: Eirelyn, Lindsay, Sandra, Grace

Everyone reads at their own pace during a Buddy Read. Because participants can be at different parts of the book at different times, it is extremely important to mark spoilers so that the book is not ruined for someone who is not as far along as others!!!

Mark spoilers by placing {spoiler} before the text and {/spoiler} after the text but use the < and > instead of the { and }.

Happy Buddy Reading!

Ruthie (ruthieram_reads) | 985 comments My library app says I still have to wait 4 weeks for this! Let's hope someone returns it sooner than 4 weeks lol

Eileen  | 190 comments Hi ! I'm gonna join you guys ;)
Got my copy at the library today and discovered that it is actually an audio book with CD's ! So we'll see how it goes, I've never done that haha

message 4: by Eirelyn (new) - added it

Eirelyn (ladyeirelyn) | 1244 comments Welcome, Eileen! :D Haha, good luck with the audiobook. That should be interesting!

Cassie | 344 comments I read this book earlier this year as part of a book club read. I liked it more than I thought it was going to, because it's not really a book I would typically pick up on my own! I hope everyone enjoys it :)

Ruthie (ruthieram_reads) | 985 comments I got it sooner than the library said! YAY
I'm liking it so far it seems like a more fantasy version of the clue boardgame-which I love

message 7: by Trisha, Buddy Reads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha (trishabisen) | 2277 comments Hey ladies, I read this book a few months ago and LOVED it!! Not trying to influence anyone, but I’m going to follow this discussion and post random thoughts! Happy reading! :D

Ruthie (ruthieram_reads) | 985 comments I finished it and loved it too!

message 9: by Trisha, Buddy Reads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha (trishabisen) | 2277 comments Ruthie wrote: "I finished it and loved it too!"

You finished reading this without posting a single question. How? When we read this a few months ago, all of us kept getting confused and used to post so many questions for the other readers to answer.

I myself got confused once or twice but loved it nonetheless!

Ruthie (ruthieram_reads) | 985 comments Oh I definitely got confused lol The thread wasn't very active so I just kept reading and the more I read I got more questions but then some answers lol I like the active threads but if other's aren't posting a lot then I limit my posts too just in case, don't want to annoy anyone lol

Eileen  | 190 comments Just started here!
It's an audiobook with CD's, I've never done that so we'll see how it's gonna turn out.
For now, the most challenging thing is the abundance of characters. The narrator started by listing them all and frankly with no visual aid it's hard to remember all the names hahaha

Ruthie (ruthieram_reads) | 985 comments Totally get that, I was the same way, I also listened to the audiobook but on my phone.

message 13: by Grace (new) - added it

Grace Edwards (graceaedwards) | 57 comments A bit late, but overall I enjoyed this book! I have a love/hate relationship with murder mystery books because I feel like they're always too easy to predict. This one had a pleasant and surprising twist which I loved. I liked that the easy solution was quite obvious and then Turton decided to take the mystery to a deeper level. I also felt the urgency in this book made it an overall more compelling mystery. The time constraints on the characters made me more invested in the outcome I think

Eileen  | 190 comments I'll have to bail out of this one unfortunately, audiobook is really not my thing :(
Hope I will find this book in written version so I can truly enjoy it!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.