What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Arthurian legend modern times. Read in late 1990's.

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 8 comments I remember in the late 90’s picking up a book with the premise that Arthur didn’t die but was put to sleep by Merlin and the Lady of the Lake to return when Britain needed him again. Flash forward to modern times he wakes up and is trying to figure out what’s going on. I remember that it was the start of a series but I didn’t purchase it and when I went back to get it the book was gone. Really interested in finishing this series now.

message 3: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 8 comments Nóinín wrote: "Stranger in the Mist aka Out of Time ?"
No- those are similar but this was a start of a new series and the author was male but not this one.

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35759 comments Mod
Melissa, is this book for adults or teens?

Are there fantasy elements?

message 5: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 8 comments I believe there are fantasy elements. I remember the synopsis talking about magic versus technology- but the short amount I read didn’t clarify to what extent. It might be older teen to adult- again I didn’t read enough to clarify. Sorry!

message 6: by Brad (new)

Brad Eichstadt | 129 comments Perhaps the Forever King trilogy by Molly Cochran?

The first book The Forever King was from 1992.

"Set in modern and medieval times, here is the story of the return of King Arthur--as a ten-year-old--and his greatest enemy, Saladin, a powerful, almost immortal sorcerer, whose goal is to wrest the Holy Grail from the boy."

message 7: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 8 comments This isn’t it either- but I might go read this one, lol

message 8: by John (new)

John Green | 61 comments Any possibility it might be Knight Life by Peter David?

message 9: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 8 comments John wrote: "Any possibility it might be Knight Life by Peter David?"

unfortunately, no. But this is one I would read so thank you for the recommendation.