Play Book Tag discussion

Footnotes > Let's not forget Canada - The Scotiabank Giller Prize

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Booknblues (last edited Sep 26, 2020 11:15AM) (new)

Booknblues | 6324 comments The Scotiabank Giller List has been announced:
https://scotiabankgillerprize.ca/the-...

Gil Adamson, for her novel, Ridgerunner, published by House of Anansi Press
David Bergen, for his short story collection, Here the Dark: A Novella and Stories, published by Biblioasis
Lynn Coady, for her novel, Watching You Without Me, published by House of Anansi Press
Eva Crocker, for her novel, All I Ask, published by House of Anansi Press
Emma Donoghue, for her novel, The Pull of the Stars, published by HarperCollins Publishers Ltd.
Francesca Ekwuyasi, for her novel, Butter Honey Pig Bread, published by Arsenal Pulp Press
Michelle Good, for her novel,Five Little Indians, published by HarperCollins Publishers Ltd.
Kaie Kellough, for his short story collection, Dominoes at the Crossroads, published by Véhicule Press
Thomas King, for his novel, Indians on Vacation: A Novel, published by Harper Collins Publishers Ltd.
Annabel Lyon, for her novel, Consent, published by Random House Canada, an imprint of Penguin Random House Canada
Shani Mootoo, for her novel, Polar Vortex, published by Book*hug Press
Emily St. John Mandel, for her novel, The Glass Hotel, published by HarperCollins Publishers Ltd.
Seth, for his graphic novel, Clyde Fans, published by Drawn & Quarterly
Souvankham Thammavongsa, for her short story collection, How to Pronounce Knife, published by McClelland & Stewart, an imprint of Penguin Random House Canada

message 2: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 8718 comments Thank you for this! :-)

I don't think I've read any of them, but i have the Donoghue on my tbr. I do not plan to read the Mandel, however.

message 3: by Booknblues (new)

Booknblues | 6324 comments I have th Donoghue on my TBR and decided against the Mandel after a few poor reviews here.

The others, I will have to take a look at. I'm sure I will manage to add to my TBR.

message 4: by Robin P (new)

Robin P | 1919 comments Just read The Glass Hotel, very different from Station Eleven. I still liked it but it's not particularly unique.

message 5: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 8718 comments I commented only on the most popular authors. I have, of course, heard of some of the others, but I don't know enough about their books listed here to know if I'll plan to read them or not. The Thomas King book seems the most likely.

message 6: by Booknblues (new)

Booknblues | 6324 comments I've added links to the books.

message 7: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 8718 comments Booknblues wrote: "I've added links to the books."

Ah, thank you!

message 8: by NancyJ (new)

NancyJ (nancyjjj) | 5676 comments Booknblues wrote: "I have th Donoghue on my TBR and decided against the Mandel after a few poor reviews here.

The others, I will have to take a look at. I'm sure I will manage to add to my TBR."

Same. The Pull of the Stars caught my attention first. I really liked Donoghue's Room, but I haven't read any of her other books. I was also put off by the reviews of the Mandel book, but I would have considered it for the economics tag.

Did you notice if any of these might fit the Animals tag?

I've been thinking about you with the fires in your region. I hope you're well.

message 9: by Booknblues (new)

Booknblues | 6324 comments NancyJ wrote: "Booknblues wrote: "I have th Donoghue on my TBR and decided against the Mandel after a few poor reviews here.

The others, I will have to take a look at. I'm sure I will manage to add to my TBR."

..."

Nancy, doing well. More fires over the weekend, in Napa and one north of us. Air quality is not as good as last week because of it. It never seems to stop.

I didn't notice if any of the books were about animals I did pick up Five Little Indians, as it is on sale at Amazon for $1.99 and I thought it looked interesting.