What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Juvenile/Kids Fantasy. Boy travels to Victorian era, plays marbles, there is a ghost. Read in 1990s.

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Hou | 4 comments I read this book in the 90s, but it was probably old then.
I do not remember a ton about it, but I can give you what I do have:
A boy time travels to the Victorian era and joins a family who lives in a huge house. He plays with a group of neighborhood kids and loves marbles. I do remember them discussing different types of marbles, like Aggies and Cat's Eyes. I believe there was a girl or woman who became ill, died, and resurfaced as a ghost.
Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35397 comments Mod
Lauren, is this book for kids or teens? How old are the main characters?

How does the boy travel back in time?

Where does he live (e.g., country, region, well-known city, small town)?

message 4: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Hou | 4 comments This is Juvenile Fiction, so it is for kids, but below the Young Adult bracket. I am not sure how he traveled back in time. I am also not sure where he lived, but for some reason I want to say in the U.S., probably in the North.

message 5: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Hou | 4 comments It could be Time for Andrew! I ordered it from the library to see if that's what I'm thinking of. Thank you for that suggestion!

message 6: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2502 comments Mod
You're welcome! Don't forget to come back and update us either way, so we can either close the thread or keep searching.

message 7: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35397 comments Mod
Here are two Google Book previews of Time for Andrew: A Ghost Story by Mary Downing Hahn - Andria's suggestion:

- https://books.google.com/books?id=Zrs... There are different cover images.
- https://books.google.com/books?id=pdM...

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Time for Andrew: A Ghost Story (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Mary Downing Hahn (other topics)