YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden, #1)
This topic is about The Immortal Rules
GROUP BUDDY READ > The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden #1) by Julie Kagawa - GBR - Starting October 1st 2020

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22812 comments Mod
To survive in a ruined world, she must embrace the darkness…

Allison Sekemoto survives in the Fringe, the outermost circle of a walled-in city. By day, she and her crew scavenge for food. By night, any one of them could be eaten. Some days, all that drives Allie is her hatred of them—the vampires who keep humans as blood cattle. Until the night Allie herself dies and becomes one of the monsters.

Forced to flee her city, Allie must pass for human as she joins a ragged group of pilgrims seeking a legend—a place that might have a cure for the disease that killed off most of civilization and created the rabids, the bloodthirsty creatures who threaten human and vampire alike. And soon Allie will have to decide what and who is worth dying for… again.

Enter Julie Kagawa's dark and twisted world as an unforgettable journey begins.

message 2: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (last edited Sep 23, 2020 10:05PM) (new) - added it

The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden #1) by Julie Kagawa will be our 5th GBR for October 2020.

Please read at your own pace, and hide any spoilers ☺ You are welcome to join at any time during the month ☺

Happy Reading Everybody!

Pre-Reading Questions -

Anybody got any thoughts on this one before we start?

Has anyone read anything similar to this before?

Anybody read anything else by this author previously?

Lindie (lindiedb) | 56 comments It's been a while since I read a vampire book. Excited to try it again.

I've previously read Julie Kagawa's The Iron Fey series and really enjoyed that so am hopeful for this one.

Steve | 74 comments Chapter 3:

(view spoiler)

Lindie (lindiedb) | 56 comments Chapter 2-3:

(view spoiler)

Steve | 74 comments Chapter 4:

(view spoiler)

Lindie (lindiedb) | 56 comments Chapters 4-21 (wow, I blasted through a lot of this last night, I hadn't paid attention to chapters and thought I was still on 10. Lol, nope):

(view spoiler)

Lindie (lindiedb) | 56 comments Finished.

(view spoiler)

message 10: by Steve (last edited Oct 07, 2020 08:04AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Steve | 74 comments Lol I'm still on like chapter 10, I guess I gotta get reading!

Also it is super difficult to find this thread without notifications working!

Steve | 74 comments I'm on chapter 15, and I see why you blasted through chapters 4-21. It seems like the book gets really interesting about then! It has a very walking dead vibe to it for me, which I'm really enjoying!

Chapter 4-14:
(view spoiler)

Steve | 74 comments Lindie wrote: "Finished.

And then Ruth died anyway? What a waste of blood. Also not sure why Allie didn't eat more of the guards. If I were a vampire, I'd carry a little thermos with me to refill during such ti..."

Finally finished!

(view spoiler)

Overall I really liked the book and have started the next one in the series! I had the same enjoyment reading this as I had watching the first season of the walking dead.

Lindie (lindiedb) | 56 comments (view spoiler)

Yeah, I think I can read more of this series.